Where are the Windows 10 apps?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I thought the whole Windows 10 thing was going to bring apps and the big name ones? The store is as empty as the Windows Store, and those there are third world elementary school computer science projects. I know it was going to be slow to start, but it is nothing but the old rehashed crap.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about, Windows 10 has been out for less than a month and you're complaining about a lack of apps already!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

noobchief

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey OP, have you tried writing app or doing programming? If you haven't you should try it out and see how fast you would come up with an app.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well for win 10 on desktops and tablet they'll start seeing them soon but as for win 10 mobile not foe a long time as win 10 for desktops has to explode then hope devs will make apps for win 10 mobile. Un like many say its not any more one os than it was before just a little easier. How many app in " windows store"? Ok out of those apps can we access all of them from our phones .....no . Will we be able to? No . Two separate os . We'll see more desktop apps than win mobile apps

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey OP, have you tried writing app or doing programming? If you haven't you should try it out and see how fast you would come up with an app.

Ok...calm down. My understanding was the kits were sent out in enough time so some apps could be ready to go at launch. Maybe I misunderstood or was fed bad info. But if the kits were sent out in enough time to have apps ready, this is pretty alarming.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. But to be honest the store hasn't budge one bit. I know this is still early, but you would think you'd start to see some decent apps trickling out, but it is still the same pile of garbage as ot has always been.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
They are coming together with W10Mobile, then all possible apps there ever have existed, and will ever exist will be there, just wait and see, believe me, I know.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. But to be honest the store hasn't budge one bit. I know this is still early, but you would think you'd start to see some decent apps trickling out, but it is still the same pile of garbage as ot has always been.

I know what you mean. It's always wait wait wait. To be fair it's still early days. From the looks of things Windows 10 seems to be gaining more and more market share so let's hope it reaches the same success as Windows 7, then im sure we'll see a sparkle in the developers eyes for the Windows App Store.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They are coming together with W10Mobile, then all possible apps there ever have existed, and will ever exist will be there, just wait and see, believe me, I know.
I have to ask. If the whole point of universal apps is that developers only have to code one app that will work across W10 and W10 Mobile, why would they need to wait for W10 Mobile to be released? Shouldn't they be able to make the app now for W10 and, since it's universal, it will be ready and working upon W10 Mobile's release?

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I have to ask. If the whole point of universal apps is that developers only have to code one app that will work across W10 and W10 Mobile, why would they need to wait for W10 Mobile to be released? Shouldn't they be able to make the app now for W10 and, since it's universal, it will be ready and working upon W10 Mobile's release?

I can understand, that even if the app is universal and works on more then 1 platform, that you still want to actually see it working as the app developer on those platforms.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can understand, that even if the app is universal and works on more then 1 platform, that you still want to actually see it working as the app developer on those platforms.
That's probably a fair point. Maybe part of the Oct 6 announcement will include a host of W10 apps that will be ready to go when mobile officially launches. I can dream, can't I?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Store still looks IDENTICAL. Time to move in the Android apps. As much as I hate the idea, the store should have seen some life at this point. I'm still looking at the same 5 decent first party apps, and the same 500,000 apps made by a second grade science class in Bangladesh. For crying outloud, Blackberry has been dead forever and there are still more big name groups making apps for them before Windows for some reason. I've got my buddy setting TiVo and watching shows with their app on a 4 year old Blackberry, and here we are way more in the game than them, and still holding our breath.

Last edited:

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
No one else is shocked

Not in the slightest, the "universal apps" grand plan was flawed to begin with. Microsoft's thought is getting people to use the exact same app on all devices the lynch pin to this being the desktop as that's where the market is, the problem is their is no reason to use an app designed for a touch screen on you keyboard/mouse driven PC they are less powerful and more difficult to utilise then a legacy app e.g. would you use the touch based version of Word over Word 2016 at the same cost? In similar fashion a full featured browser is also sitting right in front of you, why would your bank for example need an app to do the same thing that is currently being performed by the existing web site? Did anyone notice although Surface Pro 3 increased tablet sales new apps didn't increase at all? The only apps I have used with 8.1 on my desktop are Mail and Calendar simply because I can select different live.com/outlook.com accounts instantly, you couldn't even display all email accounts on screen with the initial releases of Mail in Windows 10 and OUTLOOK Mail in Windows 10 mobile removes a shared inbox view both seem like fails to me.

On top of that the tablet experience delivered by Windows 10 is still lagging behind 8.1, I just installed 10565 on a VHD on my SP3 which I hadn't since they removed ability for technical previews to update on virtual drives a few months before launch. Just find it a terrible experience, not to mention it looks very dull.

Overlooking those problems MS still have a chicken and egg problem; people won't purchase devices without apps but apps won't be developed without a market.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac