I thought the whole Windows 10 thing was going to bring apps and the big name ones? The store is as empty as the Windows Store, and those there are third world elementary school computer science projects. I know it was going to be slow to start, but it is nothing but the old rehashed crap.
    noersetiawan likes this.
    08-17-2015 02:59 PM
    What are you talking about, Windows 10 has been out for less than a month and you're complaining about a lack of apps already!!!!!
    Last edited by a5cent; 09-14-2015 at 08:50 AM. Reason: language edit
    sam6691, Greg C, lkbig and 1 others like this.
    08-17-2015 03:17 PM
    Hey OP, have you tried writing app or doing programming? If you haven't you should try it out and see how fast you would come up with an app.
    08-17-2015 03:19 PM
    Well for win 10 on desktops and tablet they'll start seeing them soon but as for win 10 mobile not foe a long time as win 10 for desktops has to explode then hope devs will make apps for win 10 mobile. Un like many say its not any more one os than it was before just a little easier. How many app in " windows store"? Ok out of those apps can we access all of them from our phones .....no . Will we be able to? No . Two separate os . We'll see more desktop apps than win mobile apps
    08-17-2015 03:32 PM
    Hey OP, have you tried writing app or doing programming? If you haven't you should try it out and see how fast you would come up with an app.
    Ok...calm down. My understanding was the kits were sent out in enough time so some apps could be ready to go at launch. Maybe I misunderstood or was fed bad info. But if the kits were sent out in enough time to have apps ready, this is pretty alarming.
    08-17-2015 03:33 PM
    Sorry. But to be honest the store hasn't budge one bit. I know this is still early, but you would think you'd start to see some decent apps trickling out, but it is still the same pile of garbage as ot has always been.
    09-08-2015 01:50 AM
    They are coming together with W10Mobile, then all possible apps there ever have existed, and will ever exist will be there, just wait and see, believe me, I know.
    09-08-2015 05:50 AM
    They are coming together with W10Mobile, then all possible apps there ever have existed, and will ever exist will be there, just wait and see, believe me, I know.
    Still waiting, but the Windows 10 app store is still a joke.
    09-14-2015 07:28 AM
    Do you know how long it takes to develop an app? Don't answer that.
    09-14-2015 08:47 AM
    Yes i do. About long enough to have had it out now.
    09-14-2015 11:35 AM
    Keep 'em comin....... Oh, nevermind....
    09-18-2015 10:57 AM
    Store looks IDENTICAL as the day Windows 10 was launched. Ugh.
    09-23-2015 02:46 PM
    Sorry. But to be honest the store hasn't budge one bit. I know this is still early, but you would think you'd start to see some decent apps trickling out, but it is still the same pile of garbage as ot has always been.
    I know what you mean. It's always wait wait wait. To be fair it's still early days. From the looks of things Windows 10 seems to be gaining more and more market share so let's hope it reaches the same success as Windows 7, then im sure we'll see a sparkle in the developers eyes for the Windows App Store.
    09-23-2015 04:19 PM
    I'm giving it until January to give me glimmers hope before I grumble.
    09-24-2015 03:20 PM
    I have to ask. If the whole point of universal apps is that developers only have to code one app that will work across W10 and W10 Mobile, why would they need to wait for W10 Mobile to be released? Shouldn't they be able to make the app now for W10 and, since it's universal, it will be ready and working upon W10 Mobile's release?
    09-24-2015 03:51 PM
    I have to ask. If the whole point of universal apps is that developers only have to code one app that will work across W10 and W10 Mobile, why would they need to wait for W10 Mobile to be released? Shouldn't they be able to make the app now for W10 and, since it's universal, it will be ready and working upon W10 Mobile's release?
    I can understand, that even if the app is universal and works on more then 1 platform, that you still want to actually see it working as the app developer on those platforms.
    09-25-2015 03:25 AM
    I can understand, that even if the app is universal and works on more then 1 platform, that you still want to actually see it working as the app developer on those platforms.
    That's probably a fair point. Maybe part of the Oct 6 announcement will include a host of W10 apps that will be ready to go when mobile officially launches. I can dream, can't I?
    09-25-2015 03:06 PM
    Store still looks IDENTICAL. Time to move in the Android apps. As much as I hate the idea, the store should have seen some life at this point. I'm still looking at the same 5 decent first party apps, and the same 500,000 apps made by a second grade science class in Bangladesh. For crying outloud, Blackberry has been dead forever and there are still more big name groups making apps for them before Windows for some reason. I've got my buddy setting TiVo and watching shows with their app on a 4 year old Blackberry, and here we are way more in the game than them, and still holding our breath.
    Last edited by missionsparta; 10-19-2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: addition
    10-19-2015 01:53 PM
    No one else is shocked that there has been no progress in quality in the app store?
    10-20-2015 01:55 PM
    No one else is shocked
    Not in the slightest, the "universal apps" grand plan was flawed to begin with. Microsoft's thought is getting people to use the exact same app on all devices the lynch pin to this being the desktop as that's where the market is, the problem is their is no reason to use an app designed for a touch screen on you keyboard/mouse driven PC they are less powerful and more difficult to utilise then a legacy app e.g. would you use the touch based version of Word over Word 2016 at the same cost? In similar fashion a full featured browser is also sitting right in front of you, why would your bank for example need an app to do the same thing that is currently being performed by the existing web site? Did anyone notice although Surface Pro 3 increased tablet sales new apps didn't increase at all? The only apps I have used with 8.1 on my desktop are Mail and Calendar simply because I can select different live.com/outlook.com accounts instantly, you couldn't even display all email accounts on screen with the initial releases of Mail in Windows 10 and OUTLOOK Mail in Windows 10 mobile removes a shared inbox view both seem like fails to me.

On top of that the tablet experience delivered by Windows 10 is still lagging behind 8.1, I just installed 10565 on a VHD on my SP3 which I hadn't since they removed ability for technical previews to update on virtual drives a few months before launch. Just find it a terrible experience, not to mention it looks very dull.

Overlooking those problems MS still have a chicken and egg problem; people won't purchase devices without apps but apps won't be developed without a market.
    Last edited by SonOfDad; 10-23-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-2015 08:25 PM