W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yep, this was my point.

About Samsung, yes, they demonstrate a lack of enthusiasm for the WP platform. They also clearly show a lack of precise communication because they do not state on the support page of any Ativ S whether or not we'll be able to upgrade it to W10M.
Anyway, thank you for the replies. :smile:

They also show a lack of support for their other devices after a very short period! Once the rehashed device is released, that's it!! Dropped like a stone, old OS versions if you are lucky.

Sorry if off topic.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Don't know when the official W10 will come to older Lumia models, but i installed the latest build from the insiders preview on my Lumia 925 and it runs great.
Also installed W10 on my 640 and both are running smoothly. Love the new OS so far.

Did u hard reset?

yashovardhan99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I've a Lumia 640 ds, in India... Here you don't have any carrier restricted devices and updates come directly from Microsoft
Any idea when will I get the update? Thanks

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I've a Lumia 640 ds, in India... Here you don't have any carrier restricted devices and updates come directly from Microsoft
Any idea when will I get the update? Thanks

In same boat.
-L640- India - no carrier restrictions
-Still have doubts over the speculated mid december release..
-Not running the preview and this has been a long wait..

I've heard some negative reviews yet I'm eager to try it out...

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ I've not seen anybody reliable mention specific release dates for specific models/regions... mid December or otherwise.

I suspect we won't know for sure until it starts rolling out.

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
On GSMArena they keep referring 10th December as the update date. This is holding me up from going insiders route. If there is a confirmation that this won't be happening soon, I still jump in the boat with insiders

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I will add to speculation by pointing out that UK L930s (unbranded/unlocked) on current WP8.1 have just picked up a small firmware update. We don't know why, and no difference has been noticed. Could this be prep for W10?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Just because an OS is ready for one model doesn't mean it is ready for every other model as well. For example, we already know that newer phones will be updated earlier, meaning none of the x20 devices will be updated until next year.

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
What I meant was that since a next update is hitting the newer devices, the earlier OS work is deemed to be finished. Let's keep the finger crossed and hope Microsoft hits the update button tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium