W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
They key is in the title of the thread, dates, not date.

Lots and lots of dates, rumours, innuendo, and buggy betas, but no finished product.

Cmon MS prove me wrong!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Nope, Wrong.

There are three release dates associated with W10:

1. The initial release of phones with W10M.
2. The release of W10M to OEMs, so OEMs can build their own W10M phones.
3. The release of W10M to existing phones by MS and carriers.

The first two have since been answered conclusively, while the last one is still unknown.

AFAIK anything that is worth knowing about any of those three issues is mentioned in the first two posts of this thread. Everything beyond that (the last 1000 posts) are mostly worthless speculation.

Every blue moon something of value is posted here, and I do try and include that in one of the first two posts, as it would otherwise be drowned out by the noise, but I'm grateful for tips if anyone thinks I've missed something.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
^ Nope, Wong.

The first two have since been answered conclusively, while the last one is still unknown.

AFAIK anything that is worth knowing about any of those three issues is mentioned in the first two posts of this thread. Everything beyond that (the last 1000 posts) are mostly worthless speculation.

Every blue moon something of value is posted here, and I do try and include that in one of the first two posts, as it would otherwise be drowned out by the noise, but I'm grateful for tips if anyone thinks I've missed something.

the voice of reason and logic in the sea of emotion and speculation.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
MS: why don't you port iOS 10 when it releases and make it W10 through project island wood. Port OS. 😒

Project Islandwood is for porting iOS applications, not the operating system. Also, Windows 10 Mobile is superior(other than application support right now) to iOS.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Project Islandwood is for porting iOS applications, not the operating system. Also, Windows 10 Mobile is superior(other than application support right now) to iOS.

Crikey!!! I nearly fell over when I saw your post. Makes a very pleasant change to all the doom and gloom! Getting sick of them now. I've uninstalled WC twice now. Next time will be for good :-(

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
^ Nope, Wong.

IMHO, I am of the opinion that the OEM's are currently dealing with the base OS, and also sharing info with MS. I think MS HAS to get this right, what with OEM's appearing, which if we are honest, not a lot of us thought we would see!! And that has to be a bonus!

My release table is the same as yours, although there will be many dissenters, who will get a 'bit' upset with those who jumped in with the new devices, and consequently spent a shed load of money. But that won't stop people crying about the fact those devices go first. Why shouldn't they?? Investing in a device with a half baked OS, is a big risk.

tonyvasto

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
re: W10 Upgrade for the L925?

We're all hoping so.

*Sidenote
I previewed Windows 10 for mobile on my Lumia 925.
The OS runs OK there are problems however.
I returned my 925 to the stability of 8.1 for now.

Hi, how do you go back to windows 8.1?
I have a 925 that someone updated to W10. It gives a few problems.
Today I lost all contacts and when I go to "people" it shows a blank screen.
This was after the last update 10.0.10586.122
Thanks in advance

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link that proofs your claim?

You might as well ask for proof that apple pie is the best tasting pie (i.e. ridiculous). For most people, it's a matter of taste or opinion.

Furthermore, provided you are willing to ignore the ecosystem and judge solely the OS, in isolation of everything else, and based only on its technical merits, there are a few areas where WM is objectively superior (technical security is one, and developer productivity is another). For people with very specific needs WM can be objectively better, but the vast majority of people (and certainly average consumers) don't have such narrowly focused requirements.

Maybe, just maybe, we can agree that it's fine for WM to be different things to different people.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Asking for someone's opinion will always result in 'subjective' answers. There is no such thing as better, except within your own perception of a product. What suits you, someone else will hate. I love iMacs. I've used them for DJing and always found them very reliable, and unlikely to let you down mid set. Windows was less reliable, with BSOD occurring a couple of times. So, for, my perception of Apple OS on a Desktop, is good. The mobile devices I detest. I don't know why, but I can't get on with them. I love android, I like the idea behind it, but it seems to have lost its way. The updates are, in variably, released to fix errors and security issues in the previous release.

Win10m suits me. I'm not a heavy gamer, I just need reliability and security. My taxi firm now has 14 devices, all running .122, except my 950xl, which is on .1004. I have to say they have never let us down. The drivers like them, and with our office pc's, life is easier for the office staff. Consequently, my experience of W10M is, subjectively, better than someone else's.

Just because someone berates a particular OS, doesn't mean the other is any better. I can understand the frustrations about apps, so if they are important, then try another OS with the apps. As a 'business / enterprise' tool, it is ideal for my company.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't help me. Please we need a count down timer to Windows 10 mobile.

I have no idea what you are referring to with "this.". Read the first two posts in this thread. That is all there is to know. Even if we did have a release date we still couldn't make a countdown timer, because different regions and different phones will be receiving the official W10M OTA at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99