W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I hope they release a better build than the one they pulled. I wonder if carriers will drop the rtm and then ms will start rolling out the most updated version once they release it. Any issues could undermine windows 10 in media. And it could cause a lot of people to switch phones. This is not a small update. My bros 925 is on some Italian provider so I'll update this thread once he gets it.

SeptynAde

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My guess is 29th of december this year. Don't be panic (some) people, it is gonna be allright. Keep cool. It is just an ordinary firmware on a phone what next year already is outdated. Silly that some people are excited for firmware for a cell phone. That is so silly. Get a life. Make love with a girl. Waiting and complaining about firmware for a cell phone is very silly. Get a life, have sex!
you sir, deserve a medal!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Know what the answer is to this question...... WHO KNOWS ? All the factors IF or WHEN you will get it will be left up to the OEM, mobile operator or carrier.

Normal crap with Windows Phone.... Some carriers will get it earlier, others will get it later, others WONT EVEN GET IT. I remember the pages and pages of ICON trying to get 8.1....100+ pages for the rumor mill.

This gets to start all over. If you want a update in a timely manner, dump Windows Phone and get an iPhone, it's the only one who will get it on the date made by the OEM.

My thousand dollar question is, will the Nokia ICON get the final version (with firmware) of Windows 10 mobile. Chances are very slim for a discontinued phone for over a year.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
...This gets to start all over. If you want a update in a timely manner, dump Windows Phone and get an iPhone, it's the only one who will get it on the date made by the OEM...

Once a Windows Phone gets Windows 10 Mobile the carriers will be out of the picture. All updates will come directly from Microsoft.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My guess is 29th of december this year. Don't be panic (some) people, it is gonna be allright. Keep cool. It is just an ordinary firmware on a phone what next year already is outdated. Silly that some people are excited for firmware for a cell phone. That is so silly. Get a life. Make love with a girl. Waiting and complaining about firmware for a cell phone is very silly. Get a life, have sex!

You overestimate some of us here :)

So just to confirm the 830's on Rogers are not getting W10?

If it was confirmed by MS or Rogers then yup. If not, then its anyones game.
Not including the use of Insider.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking on eBay to see how much people were reselling their Black Friday $29 Lumia 640s for and one auction listing I clicked on said in the description part that the phone has free upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile "(December 25th)".

I was like, "Oh? That's the first I've heard of that date. I thought it was coming on the 10th, or 14th".

Maybe the seller does actually know something! ... lol

I'd also like to give a shout out to the poster who, weeks/months ago, complained/observed that Microsoft has a history of missing "pre-Christmas" product launches and suggested that based on MS's track record, W10M would likely be added to that list..

Then again I've seen sellers selling a Lumia 520 (called it a 920) and others not knowing what the RM-985 was.

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I wonder what is sooo much better with W10 (yet!!) compared to 8.1 that people seriously think to leave the platform if there is no update until the end of this year.
Hilarious.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It seems as if the update should come soon now because they've released back the x.29 update for 950 and xl

I think that the 950 and 950xl are guinea pigs in testing their roll out procedures. That's why they are so limited in availability and released for fans. Fans will deal with this stuff for the most part.

One thing MS should do is drop broadcast notifications to users. For example when users were having trouble updating or having issues and MS identified it, they may never know because they don't go to websites that mention all this stuff.

A notification about the issue and that it is being worked on should be sent. More info for users will mean less people bailing because they think it's the phone hardware or just in general how things are.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what is sooo much better with W10 (yet!!) compared to 8.1 that people seriously think to leave the platform if there is no update until the end of this year.
Hilarious.
Everything! Everything is so much better and changed in W10M. Just check native apps like Clock, Calculator, Phone Dialer, SMS, Calendar, Email, or even native Maps app and finally Cortana.
I believe W10M is going to change Windows Phone experience drastically, if only it comes on time as promised... :unhappy:

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Everything! Everything is so much better and changed in W10M. Just check native apps like Clock, Calculator, Phone Dialer, SMS, Calendar, Email, or even native Maps app and finally Cortana.
I believe W10M is going to change Windows Phone experience drastically, if only it comes on time as promised... :unhappy:

You left out visual aspects like start menu, settings menu. Etc.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
new insider build arriving...
10586.36!
Gabe said it on his twitter,i cant put the link here,but is in Wmpoweruser!
And that is why its talking them this long..
Now this build will be tested internally and then to insiders...some testing there.....

And if everything works perfectly then we might be having 10586.36 released to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss