W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Release dates for carrier branded phones are at the mercy of those carriers. It could be tomorrow, or next month, or even never (Denim update met that fate for quite a few models on quite a few networks). Release date for unbranded/unlocked phones is at the mercy of Microsoft. And as above, that could be tomorrow, next month, or never :wink: My guess is Microsoft will have to release the update to the carriers first for them to test and approve, and will likely start their own OTA updates once they have been given feedback from the carriers (this could be good or bad feedback, either way).

Once we start seeing news that multiple carriers have approved the updates and are pushing W10M out to their customers, then I think we'll see Microsoft start their OTA push as well. So badgering Microsoft for release dates seems kind of pointless to me. We should be badgering our respective carriers to find out where they stand on testing and approval.

On the other hand, I could be totally wrong about all this and should just go back to drinking beer and keep my mouth shut. :cool:

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Release dates for carrier branded phones are at the mercy of those carriers. It could be tomorrow, or next month, or even never (Denim update met that fate for quite a few models on quite a few networks). Release date for unbranded/unlocked phones is at the mercy of Microsoft. And as above, that could be tomorrow, next month, or never :wink: My guess is Microsoft will have to release the update to the carriers first for them to test and approve, and will likely start their own OTA updates once they have been given feedback from the carriers (this could be good or bad feedback, either way).

Once we start seeing news that multiple carriers have approved the updates and are pushing W10M out to their customers, then I think we'll see Microsoft start their OTA push as well. So badgering Microsoft for release dates seems kind of pointless to me. We should be badgering our respective carriers to find out where they stand on testing and approval.

On the other hand, I could be totally wrong about all this and should just go back to drinking beer and keep my mouth shut. :cool:
Can't wait till deadpools out

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
12, 18, 19 all rumored dates of Jan gone without hint of update. What could be range of dates for Early-2016?
I hope MS/Lumia Twitter accounts doesn't start tweeting new upgrade date to Mid-2016 now :angry:

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
12, 18, 19 all rumored dates of Jan gone without hint of update. What could be range of dates for Early-2016?
I hope MS/Lumia Twitter accounts doesn't start tweeting new upgrade date to Mid-2016 now :angry:

If that happens, ill sell this garbage which has dead OS and obselete outdated designed apps

Nemerkon

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
ITS HERE!!!!!
friend of a friend got the update in Sweden on Lumia 930!!! soon I will also post printscreens of notification message and installation! Any moment to your phone! ( I guess at least in Europe)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
ITS HERE!!!!!

friend of a friend got the update in Sweden on Lumia 930!!! soon I will also post printscreens of notification message and installation! Any moment to your phone! ( I guess at least in Europe)

Please try and get a few screens for us! Its sounding a bit more hopeful as u are someone who have been in touch with a real person and not a rumour site/web page! Excited now try as soon as you can. ?ire

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
In astronomy...there is a unit called 'one light year ' means light traveled in one year.... Similar way we need to have unit for update.... So .. Time taken to give one windows update... It's ' one windows year'
...lol..

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Please try and get a few screens for us! Its sounding a bit more hopeful as u are someone who have been in touch with a real person and not a rumour site/web page! Excited now try as soon as you can. ?ire

I have a feeling that he is spreading another rumour. Check out his previous post.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Vodafone Australia completes Windows 10 Mobile testing, awaiting "roll-out schedule" - WMPoweruser
Some positive news!
Is MS holding back operators from rolling out W10M update? Else what could be the reason for Dutch, Swiss and Poland operators to declare dates, yet not send update at all? May be MS wants to make W10M update a grand launch :grincry:

This is very hopeful.:grin: I just hope that Vodafone don't say that they have to test Windows 10 on all their individual networks before they release it.:angry:

I like in the UK with a Lumia 930 from Vodafone and think that now they have finished their testing in Australia they might release it in the UK..........I can only hope :winktongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss