W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Not everyone is a WP enthusiasts like us. There are consumers who dont even know that W10M will be hitting their phones.
If MS releases the OS now, the consumers may encounter irritating bugs and the feedback wont be good. Hell they wont even know that hard resetting will solve many bugs.
So MS is taking some time to make the experience smooth without the need to hard reset. They cannot afford a bad feedback at this stage.

They already have , with 950,950XL and 550 which are being used as BETA testing devices and the users of those devices are testers.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Yes it's pretty stable I haven't had a crash yet. Only problem on edge browser is that the writing in the websites are very small and I have tried changing the font size and I can't but other then that pretty good. The keyboard is great to very responsive and you can change the size of it too.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you hard reset? Does it void warranty and do you have a computer to rollback with? Lumia 640 here

No I haven't hard reset it yet if I have any issues I will hard reset but all good so far. I don't think it will void the warranty as it's a official insider version from Microsoft the only way a warranty gets voided would be if you tried opening the phone or if you rooted it (windows phone can't be rooted only in Android terms). Yes if you need to go back to Windows phone 8.1 you must use a pc to rollback.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
No I haven't hard reset it yet if I have any issues I will hard reset but all good so far. I don't think it will void the warranty as it's a official insider version from Microsoft the only way a warranty gets voided would be if you tried opening the phone or if you rooted it (windows phone can't be rooted only in Android terms). Yes if you need to go back to Windows phone 8.1 you must use a pc to rollback.

I meant do you have a computer to rollback with, because I'm getting mine in a month. So would it be wise to upgrade without a computer?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I meant do you have a computer to rollback with, because I'm getting mine in a month. So would it be wise to upgrade without a computer?

My phone came preloaded with wp 8.1 update 2 as will yours. I downloaded the windows insider app and chose fast ring updates and that's how I got wp10. In order for me to get the official non insider version when it comes out I will downgrade back via my PC as it's the only way to downgrade back to the phones original OS (WP 8.1 update 2) to get the OTA (over the air) upgrade to WP10.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
My phone came preloaded with wp 8.1 update 2 as will yours. I downloaded the windows insider app and chose fast ring updates and that's how I got wp10. In order for me to get the official non insider version when it comes out I will downgrade back via my PC as it's the only way to downgrade back to the phones original OS (WP 8.1 update 2) to get the OTA (over the air) upgrade to WP10.

Gotcha.

Too risky for me though ;)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Gotcha.

Too risky for me though ;)

If you are nervous about putting The insider preview of wp10 then stay on wp8.1 as I had it on my phone since august and it was brilliant. Wp8.1 is still a very good OS and I have wp10 only on my phone 48 hours barely so like I could still downgrade back like yes if you have reservations then wait for the official wp10. :)

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
If you are nervous about putting The insider preview of wp10 then stay on wp8.1 as I had it on my phone since august and it was brilliant. Wp8.1 is still a very good OS and I have wp10 only on my phone 48 hours barely so like I could still downgrade back like yes if you have reservations then wait for the official wp10. :)

Which phone?

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
For the last two mobile updates, I can't change the font size for my WhatsApp. Its large and looks horrible to me. Am I the only one that has experience such issue?

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

I have been using win10 update since early November. Its a polish build on the 640xl. It runs smooth and for me, there wasn't a need for any rollback or hard reset. Just simple update and it good. I barely remember good old win 8.1.

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's pretty stable I haven't had a crash yet. Only problem on edge browser is that the writing in the websites are very small and I have tried changing the font size and I can't but other then that pretty good. The keyboard is great to very responsive and you can change the size of it too.
Calendar was showing wrong birthdays and notifications when i was on insider preview(lumia640). Are you facing any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo