W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The newer W10 Mobile builds are indeed getting better. However, I have noticed one thing that the Camera App is way too slow on my Lumia 640. Hopefully things can improve bugs related to their Camera.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The newer W10 Mobile builds are indeed getting better. However, I have noticed one thing that the Camera App is way too slow on my Lumia 640. Hopefully things can improve bugs related to their Camera.

I am wondering what takes so much time. Is it Microsoft camera, or anything else?

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering what takes so much time. Is it Microsoft camera, or anything else?
Being a developer there are lots of bugs to track down and fix. Depending on the team size they may find an issue in their area which may affect the other areas. They have to submit the build which may take a day to build. Then they have to make sure the systems will install and boot from that build. There's a lot involved.

Dellboy2012

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
So one day they'll come out with some build that they feel it is stable enough and make it official. By that time, the whole windows 10 mobile will become yesterday's news. Who will get excited or even care for an OS that is two years old and finally finished in October 2016?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Being a developer there are lots of bugs to track down and fix. Depending on the team size they may find an issue in their area which may affect the other areas. They have to submit the build which may take a day to build. Then they have to make sure the systems will install and boot from that build. There's a lot involved.

Sorry to make you confused. I know the development takes time when there are bugs which cannot be properly traced and I am fine to wait for a good OS build.
I was thinking of the camera apps [ Lumia Camera, Microsoft Camera, Camera 360] out of which is actually slower...

ac7ivi7y

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Maybe Microsoft is waiting the world GSM congress next week to introduce the update. I think this is the right moment and place to make the step. But W10M is far away from the stable OS - so I prefer to wait 2-3 months after official release before make the upgrade.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Good point is that At least one of the official Microsoft page gives a date but don't get excited as we know Microsoft history so don't expect at mind march end for update.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Eh... I still say 107 because it rolled out quick from fast to slow to release preview. I want to say... Next week... Oh... What you guys are saying hahaha

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Gotta wait a whole two weeks for it? Its going to go by excruciatingly slow...

The date is not officially confirmed by MS. Also, it is not yet known whether the update is just for Mexico. So don't hold expectations that its just two weeks. It may even be after your friend shows his MOTO having android 7.0

Digibrush

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
According to Lumia Mexico’s Facebook page, Windows 10 Mobile will start rolling out on the 29th of Feb.
They didn't mention year.

Aranya Tantu

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
The date is not officially confirmed by MS. Also, it is not yet known whether the update is just for Mexico. So don't hold expectations that its just two weeks. It may even be after your friend shows his MOTO having android 7.0

android 6.0 still is not for all just like w10m .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99