W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I fully understand that these are two different OS systems but when they are not only Marketed... but also Branded that same... hey... 9 months is still 9 months. Does it sound better written as 3/4 of a year?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I fully understand that these are two different OS systems but when they are not only Marketed... but also Branded that same... hey... 9 months is still 9 months. Does it sound better written as 3/4 of a year?

Nothing can make it sound better. I'm not sure if you grasped my point, but you did just help me make it...

If it's branded as being the exact same thing, it only seems logical to expect it to be just as "finished" for phones as it is "finished" for laptops. That you are even comparing it to W10 and thinking the time span between the two release dates is galling is exactly my point. It shouldn't be galling to you if you grasp that they are technically different OSes.

The false marketing and branding (which sets expectations) just makes it galling (in addition to it initially being expected in December).

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Reading comprehension aside, I think the forums could share a bit of good will by correcting some of the FUD out there regarding the official roll out of Windows 10 Mobile. How? For starters, if someone cites a recent article where the information available at the time says it's likely to be the end of February, don't assume everyone will interpret that the same way. Yes, basic reading comprehension is a skill that may be sorely lacking. When was the last time you exhibited the same behavior? To be fair, it was probably recently and handled without much fanfare.

The next thing people could do is just share one sticky thread that simply states the availability of Windows 10 Mobile is not yet known, everything that is presented at this time is pure speculation unless there is an official statement from Microsoft. Politely warn forum users that a temporary ban is possible for re-posting this information. If a moderator sees the thread or one is reported to them, the ban hammer is dropped. If a thread is created and several white knights appear to outright deny the rumors and refute them as mere speculation, you know plenty more with compliments up to their eyeballs are going to partake in the discussions.

Plain and simple, let the staff at Windows Central do their job and report on the facts. If you want to dive into the cesspool of rumors, there are plenty of other websites that offer this up in spades. Windows Central isn't perfect, I felt early on that they were Nokia Central and there wasn't much early on with the coverage on the Lumia 900, 920, 925, 1020, etc. to challenge that. But people get their undies in a wad because phone wars are real wars, and real wars cost human lives.

I really want to believe that an update is pending in the next 30 days but I have little faith in that actually happening. Not because Microsoft doesn't want to, they just cannot. Newer hardware won't sell if the existing hardware can be updated and run just as well. The last sentence was my opinion, and does not necessarily reflect what will actually happen.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
When was the last time you exhibited the same behavior? To be fair, it was probably recently and handled without much fanfare.

You might want to use the quote function to make it clear what you're taking a position on. I'm not sure if the above is directed at me.

The next thing people could do is just share one sticky thread that simply states the availability of Windows 10 Mobile is not yet known, everything that is presented at this time is pure speculation

Take a look at the first two posts in this thread. That's exactly what this thread is. The situation has been clear for months, and often communicated here. People just don't want to hear it.

The problem isn't that people don't know that there isn't and never was a clearly communicated release date. It's also not that people can't read.

The problem is mainly that humans tend to hear what they want to hear. Anybody that wants W10M will naturally want to believe the rumour that W10M will be out on day X. That's a far more welcome message than what I'm offering, which has always been "forget X, it's likely BS and we just don't know." Nobody wants to hear that.

The more welcome message then gradually gains in popularity and is repeated throughout the interwebs, causing even the more critical thinkers to assume MS must have made some commitment to release on day X, because why else would everyone be saying it?

Don't get me wrong though. MS also has more than their fair share of blame in this. They've always sucked at PR and consumer communications.

Last edited:

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
It's already march starting.
Till now all rumour date r fake.
I think MS say that update will available for public in starting of 2016,but may be they make I with ending of 2016.
Those who not getting patience for official update please go through insider .

saurabh7890

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
It's already march starting.
Till now all rumour date r fake.
I think MS say that update will available for public in starting of 2016,but may be they make I with ending of 2016.
Those who not getting patience for official update please go through insider .
That's the reason I joined insider and got it three weeks back.

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Enough is enough Microsoft, WM10 is now far far too late to have any credibility left. For me its a tried and failed abysmally do I'll stick with Android. The apps are better too which is why I'm on WC app for Android, the win version is awful.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
None of that was official! If I remember correctly the only thing that was said was "early 2016" possibly meaning 1st quarter 2016..its still in the timeline but no one knows until actually get released or its commented in windows blog/website..everyone will know when they will make it official...

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
None of that was official! If I remember correctly the only thing that was said was "early 2016" possibly meaning 1st quarter 2016..its still in the timeline but no one knows until actually get released or its commented in windows blog/website..everyone will know when they will make it official...

That's exactly the problem, no one will officially state WTF is going on. It's kinda ready, but not really. Some devices will get it, but they won't tell which. They won't tell when. It became a joke, sorry to say. One of the major software companies in the world, if not #1, can't set a date or at least let the customers know what's the deal ? Weird, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786