W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly the problem, no one will officially state WTF is going on. It's kinda ready, but not really. Some devices will get it, but they won't tell which. They won't tell when. It became a joke, sorry to say. One of the major software companies in the world, if not #1, can't set a date or at least let the customers know what's the deal ? Weird, to say the least.

Exactly. Such a big software release SHOULD have a release date, a specific time frame and most important, should NOT be postponed so many times. This only proves what low quality they have and a total lack of respect for users. When Google announces a new Android version they stick with the plan, with the time frame, same goes for Apple. They present the new OS, start the beta and when they say it will be released: usually during fall that year, IT HAPPENS! and it does not take over a year to finish it: from the time the beta starts to the public release!
Very few seem to be realistic, the rest simply comply to defend a company not worth defending and trusting!

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
...When Google announces a new Android version they stick with the plan, with the time frame, same goes for Apple.

and MS usually does that too, all was great with Windows 10 for PCs and the 1511 update. It's just the Windows 10 Mobile that they will refuse to share details about the progress, which is not good as the platform is not doing that great as it is. I love WP, but the W10M development dialog derailed heavily.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
WP 8.1 take less time-frame for release official than windows 10 mobile.
Such behaviour does not make Windows (phone/mobile) platform popular as MS expected even make island or austroia project or even UWP project.
All fail due to time delay
Still background download,notification song control features r not available in even high end windows device which is available in cheap android phone too.
MS removes useful feature such as live tile in wp 8.1 for battery % showing but in windows 10 mobile update they said make vote again and make feature.
Dear MS if u don't have capacity to implant new feature then please don't remove useful feature.
I just think some times why Nokia join such platform even Full featured Android is available,that's why Nokia shares decreases and all user r going to Samsung.
Hope Nokia again do not make biggest wrong decisions.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Obviously, Windows 10 Mobile has met some issues with development and Microsoft is lost. It sucks, but we need to give them time.

Sent from mTalk

Wooziw

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Looks like you people doesn't remember that they are bringing (first time in mobile section?) 10 to older devices too which haven't designed to it. They didn't do it with 8. They know that they need to do it well because everyone is expecting it to happen.
OT: Does anyone else remember some bugs and other problems they had when they released the possibility to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 in computers. I really do... /OT

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you people doesn't remember that they are bringing (first time in mobile section?) 10 to older devices too which haven't designed to it. They didn't do it with 8. They know that they need to do it well because everyone is expecting it to happen.
OT: Does anyone else remember some bugs and other problems they had when they released the possibility to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 in computers. I really do... /OT

That's true for every OS upgrade, even if true they can still set a date. It's not THAT complicated.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
MS makes older hardware which is base on WP 8 to upgrade to 10 because if windows phone 8 devices r dropped from windows 10 mobile list ,then image of MS present that they drop old platform and even which is not successful.
Till today Nokia Lumia 520 has maximum number of user and I they drop obviously they loose hopes too.
( Nokia makes more shares for Microsoft that's why )
So they make it available for windows phone 8 too.

prakash

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If Windows 10 mobile OS not ready to OTA update . "That's not a problem" .but Microsoft not give any official date . This is biggest problem......Nobody don't know where when OS came...

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
If Windows 10 mobile OS not ready to OTA update . "That's not a problem" .but Microsoft not give any official date . This is biggest problem......Nobody don't know where when OS came...

How would they, when they have two developers and a tester working on it.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Will there be an update today? Of course not. Tomorrow? Even less likely.

Now if we are talking about Insider builds, Gabe Aul does a respectable job of communicating whether there will be a build coming out (if he has information to share) unless he is out of the office.

DSR11

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I hate that I keep seeing this thread on the main webpage...thinking it might be a real article with some actual updates.

Its funny that this might actually make it to the front page, just like the last pointless comment.

FiJPM

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
"That's it. I'm waiting till my Lumia 930's second birthday and getting a Samsung. "
I am in insider fast ring and L930 works like a treat ;)

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I hate that I keep seeing this thread on the main webpage...thinking it might be a real article with some actual updates.

Its funny that this might actually make it to the front page, just like the last pointless comment.

Forum rules do not allow me to put to text what I feel to be the reaction of most Windows Phone users that have impatiently waited for this upgrade when Microsoft releases it into the wild. To say it will be orgasmic is an understatement. Gentlefolk, pack an umbrella. It is going to get messy in here.

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will loose their fans soon :/

Frustrated :/

Sadly, they already are, and long, long time, devoted fans at that.

I was a day-one adopter of the iPhone. It was a game-changer, no arguing with that. However, I was also a day-one adopter of Windows Phone. By that time I was already fed up with Apple and some of their decisions/handling of the iPhone.

I've been a software developer for over 20 years, and for a large portion of my career have been specializing in the Microsoft suite of tools/technologies. I know many developers, just like me, who have tried to stick by with Windows Phone and the promise of the amazing stuff coming up, just around the corner, just wait a bit more, etc. etc. Well, over the past year, these people have been falling off. Some going to Android, most to iPhone. I'm holding out for the next iPhone release to make the switch off my beloved 1520. Confirmation bias, I know, but when the die-hards are jumping ship, the game is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss