W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]The first post in this thread has been updated to reflect the latest March 17th rumor.[/NOTE]

For those uninterested in hyperbole and conjecture, I'd recommend reading that first post and skipping the rest.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Well no. It has to run a lot nicer. Doesn't mean I ll lose my data to make it run lot nicer ? I mean there is an option yeah. Fine your 15k INR worth phone with data that should nt be recovered will run a lot nicer when u reset it. Great! What a way. Ms made official upgrade process as terrible as well beta testing? No way this mistake would be done by a company like MS.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
I mean the hard reset is almost needed if you have been an insider for a long time now, but going from 8.1 it is not necessary, unless the phone is really old, had many updates, and is completely full of apps and other crap. In this case I would still do it, just for the sake of a better experience. Don't forget it will help even if you restore from backup and don't lose any data :)

holden87

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Whaaat? Testing complete! Waiting for official confirmation? That was three months ago that testing got completed.

Could you *please* stop. We all get it, you don't like WinMobile, you're a 'superior' android user, but could you at the very least stop with the ridiculous amount of trolling so we can have a reasonably coherent thread? Don't you have anything better to do?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Whaaat? Testing complete! Waiting for official confirmation? That was three months ago that testing got completed.

[WARN]IMHO those who needed to vent have had ample opportunity to do so. As the release date appears to be approaching, comments such as this or anything resembling it will be treated as "taking this thread off topic". Such posts will be deleted and, taking into account the member's posting history, possibly also infracted. Starting now, this thread is reserved for more substantive debate or concrete information from carriers, bloggers or first hand accounts from members.[/WARN]
[NOTE]If you're one of the lucky people to get an update, please help the rest of the community by mentioning:
Country
Carrier
Phone Make/Model[/NOTE]

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Right now it's 3:36 a.m. in Seattle.
I'm in the same timezone here where we live.

I'd give it 7 hours or so before anything happens.
There's nothing to do other than sit tight.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Are we to expect it via the normal update center in the lumia's settings, or do we have do download a specific app?

Thanks,

If you are on WP8.1 (not subscribed to the insider preview), then this will be a normal update where the update can be triggered through the update page of the settings app. But again, don't forget to read the first post in this thread for more details about what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos