W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannypotteer

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Wow, cannot believe this, finally, FINALLY.

Personally I wil wait until WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger get updated for W10. Then I'll install it right away.

Yay, awesome.

Let the app updates rain!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I reverted from the insider to the production track and I can also confirm that W10M 10586.164 appears to be live. However, I'm receiving it as expected through the setting / phone update app.

Carrier: Unbranded, country variant
Model: Lumia 830

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
https://twitter.com/MicrosoftHelps/status/710476046919929856

confirmed rollout. but no news whether from upgradeadvisor or regular phone settings update?

Yes. I reverted from the insider to the production track and I can also confirm that W10M 10586.164 appears to be live. However, I'm receiving it as expected through the setting / phone update app.

Carrier: Unbranded, country variant
Model: Lumia 830

the rollout is in waves

but no confirmation whether to upgrade through updateadvisor or phone settings

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
the rollout is in waves

but no confirmation whether to upgrade through updateadvisor or phone settings

lol... which I already stated months ago in the very first post in this thread.

That's why I mentioned country, carrier and model... so others know I'm confirming this for a specific device and region. I'd appreciate if others confirming the update would do the same.

I can also confirm that you don't need the updateadvisor app, or at least you don't need it if you're coming from an older windows insider build. I'm not even sure it can be installed on W10 devices. Likely it's restricted to WP8.1.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
lol... which I already stated months ago in the very first post in this thread.

That's why I mentioned country, carrier and model... so others know I'm confirming this for a specific device and region. I'd appreciate if others confirming the update would do the same.

I can also confirm that you don't need the updateadvisor app.

well an update to my 730 is available through updateadvisor. should i wait for the regular phone update to pop up?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
well an update to my 730 is available through updateadvisor. should i wait for the regular phone update to pop up?

I see no reason why waiting should make a difference, but since I haven't gone through the process myself I can't guarantee anything either. Sorry. Your risk. Your decision.

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Just installed the upgrade advisor and W10 is ready for me to download.

For info, I am in UK, current phone details are:

640 dual sim
Carrier: CV GBIE
Current OS 8.10.15148.160

Now trying to decide whether to upgrade just now or wait till I get back from work

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]If you're one of the lucky people to get an update, please help the rest of the community by mentioning:
Country
Carrier
Phone Make/Model[/NOTE]
Just like Wolfie_Smith did...

GeorgeX

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Update available through UpdateAdvisor...on my Lumia 930 in US. But I would still wait for regular phone update.

I think it is the same. When I check with Update Advisor, and then go to Settings->PhoneUpdate, it says "checked 20 seconds ago".
Upgrade Advisor just cleans up some files, then uses the same function to check for updates as the Settings App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo