W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulp3

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
When started the update I had like 1.4 GB of free memory. Several time during the installation phase it complained about lack of it and I think I cleared about 1 GB more...

Ajay Shastri

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Alright my phone is ready to update too (on AT&T network from Houston), but will probably wait till I get home and back everything before I go for it. Also updating the phone through cellular network is boring.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
o you use the Upgrade Advisor to download the Technical Preview and than you'll update from he Technical Preview to the Official release. Is that correct?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Here the FAQ from Microsoft:

Q: Are all phones eligible for the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade?

A: To ensure the best experience possible for our Windows Phones customers, we are upgrading devices which will offer a great Windows 10 Mobile experience after the upgrade to Windows 10.

Q: How will the upgrade work?

A: You can check on upgrade eligibility to Windows 10 Mobile by downloading the Upgrade Advisor app from the Store on Windows Phone. On eligible phones, the app will provide and option to Enable Windows 10 upgrade. Once enabled, the update can be downloaded by going to Settings > Phone Updates > Check for updates.

Q: I checked the Upgrade Advisor app and it said my phone was not eligible for the upgrade, how do I get Windows 10 Mobile?

A: To ensure the best Windows 10 Mobile experience possible, only select Windows Phone devices are able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. The availability of Windows 10 Mobile as an upgrade for existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices will vary by device manufacturer, device model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, hardware limitations, and other factors.

Q: If I receive a notification from Upgrade Advisor that the Windows 10 update is available for my phone, do I have to update?

A: No, you can stick with your current version of Windows Phone 8.1. Simply do not select “Enable Windows 10 upgrade” within the app.

Q: I’m a Windows Insider, what should I do if I want the ‘official’ Windows 10Mobile upgrade?

A: As a Windows Insider please read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-fe98-482e-850d-7ca86433bd7d?tm=1458232411654 to get answers for common questions regarding the upgrade. We also recommend visiting Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows to understand whether or not your phone is on the program’s supported device list, as this may impact your ability to get future preview updates. If you wish leave the Windows Insider program and check on your device’s eligibility for Windows 10 Mobile using the Upgrade Advisor app, you will need to first go back to Windows Phone 8.1. To go back to a previous version, see Windows Device Recovery Tool: FAQ.

Q: Can I go back to my previous version of Windows Phone 8.1?

If you upgraded your Windows Phone 8.1 device to Windows 10 Mobile, you can use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to rollback to a previous version. For more info about this tool, see Windows Device Recovery Tool: FAQ.

SOURCE: Microsoft

well in others words this really is something that Microsoft aint pushing down the throat of the windows phone users. as with the pc/laptop . here you have a choice to remain with the current windows phone 8.1 . it will be interesting to see by when msft start forcing the update as mandatory. :D happy updating.

Last edited:

Thunder19

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd be happy if I could install UpdateAdvisor. It doesn't even show in the store for my phone (HTC One (M8)). It was the best phone available at the time my 920 took a dive from the second floor office.

harshitv92

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Looks like Lumia 720 won't get it....maybe the update will only be rolled out to devices with 1 GB RAM or more. Got the below message on UpdateAdvisor App.
wp_ss_20160317_0001.jpg

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I'd be happy if I could install UpdateAdvisor. It doesn't even show in the store for my phone (HTC One (M8)). It was the best phone available at the time my 920 took a dive from the second floor office.

Same here with my L1320.*I'm guessing you only see the app if you're on a supported device for the update. I was on the most recent build as an Insider but had to go back to 8.1 because of freezing issues that I just couldn't overcome.

Thunder19

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here with my L1320.*I'm guessing you only see the app if you're on a supported device for the update. I was on the most recent build as an Insider but had to go back to 8.1 because of freezing issues that I just couldn't overcome.

It's listed in batch 1 on the page linked in the first page of this thread. So.... who knows, just a waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)