W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeX

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
It shouldn't be. The first post in this thread links to a list of the devices that are expected to be updated first. We've known for months that neither of those devices will be amongst the first.

No, we've known for months that there will be 3 waves of updates. Today we learn that there is only the first wave of updates, phones not on today's list will never get the update. They will also stop getting Insider Preview builds, stopping at 10586 branch. And it looks like, from today, if you are not on the list and have 8.1 on your device, you cannot get on the Insider Preview.

Anyway, going to buy a 640 now, and leave my 620 on 8.1 ...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
No, we've known for months that there will be 3 waves of updates. Today we learn that there is only the first wave of updates, phones not on today's list will never get the update. They will also stop getting Insider Preview builds, stopping at 10586 branch. And it looks like, from today, if you are not on the list and have 8.1 on your device, you cannot get on the Insider Preview.

Anyway, going to buy a 640 now, and leave my 620 on 8.1 ...

Are you absolutely positive? Has this been stated explicitly? If so, where?

xflare

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
640 user here with an unlocked phone on Tesco Mobile (UK) advisor says they're working with my operator and phone manufacturer...

What?

I downloaded an app called UpdateAdvisor and checked through that - it checks if youre phone is eligible I think. If it is, it says an update is available - but then go to "phone settings", then "phone update" to start the update.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
It's listed in batch 1 on the page linked in the first page of this thread. So.... who knows, just a waiting game.

I see the L1320 in batch 2. 1520 is in batch 1. What I'm not clear on is why I cannot see the Update Advisor app in the Store from my phone. I'm on 8.1 with the Denim update. Is availability of the Update Advisor app device-dependent?

chendsai

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Guys, I am new here, I am using 640xl (India) & I have received Win 10 OTA update notification.
My only concern now is
1.Do I have to backup my contacts? (coz I don't have any backup copy)
2.What happens to my SD card contents (though they don't have any confidential contents just songs & videos)

Last edited:

Chowchilla

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
yeah, ran that program and it said:

Good News! Your phone is eligible for upgrade to Windows 10. We are working with your mobile operator and phone manufacturer to make the upgrade available for your phone and you'll see a notification when it's ready".

unusual it would say that on a unlocked device, even took out the sim card and it still said it.

shahidkazi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I am new here, I am using 640xl (India) & I have received Win 10 OTA update notification.
My only concern now is
1.Do I have to backup my contacts? (coz I don't have any backup copy)
2.What happens to my SD card contents (though they don't have any confidential contents just songs & videos)

The update will keep your contacts and data. Only apps that are incompatible with Windows 10 may be lost (I haven't seen any yet). Better to backup incase something goes wrong during the update and you have to run recovery

Rohit_03

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
First install upgrade advisor then it will be available for you. and upgrade advisor is not available in the store when you search for it. Install it from a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs