W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
This is day one of the first wave. Too early to tell who is shut out in perpetuity.

The FAQ certainly seems to imply there will be no future waves:

Q: I’m currently using a Windows 10 Insider build on my device, but it is not on the list of devices that will receive a formal Windows 10 update. What should I expect in the future?

A: If you already have the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build on your device, you may keep using your device in an unsupported state. We will not be offering build updates beyond the Current Branch build 10586. At some point in the future these devices will also stop receiving updates to the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've not seen that yet... It's been a busy day for me. Got link?

Also it would seem that there is an answer of sorts there. I just don't know the source since I've not seen it yet. Blog vs Microsoft may not align.

owensdj

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

That FAQ seems saying you won't receive the general release of Windows 10 Mobile on an unsupported device even if you could run the Insider Preview on it. It's not saying there won't be any more waves of general releases.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 .007 installed. looks good. new UI. works considerably slower than the original WP8.1 .. so if anyone whos still reading this, dont update unless u Really want new UI and the new settings bar :) .

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930
Slovenia
Carrier: Simobil

Update Advisor app says my device is up to date (insider xxxx.164).

Was kinda hoping it would come separately, even tho I read the FAQ note stating the opposite, but ok. I'll just do a hard reset first and then download the usual way.

Greetings and sorry to all who won't get upgraded...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Lumia 930
Slovenia
Carrier: Simobil

Update Advisor app says my device is up to date (insider xxxx.164).

Was kinda hoping it would come separately, even tho I read the FAQ note stating the opposite, but ok. I'll just do a hard reset first and then download the usual way.

Greetings and sorry to all who won't get upgraded...

Ok, comments like this I don't get. You ARE up to date, what's the point in downgrading?

DEATH INC

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Have a 640 on insider, Is there no new Firmware rollout with this for 8.1 devices? If not I suppose there is no point to leaving insider and installing.

ImfamousLegend

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
The upgrade advisor says that my phone is eligable, but that they are working with my carrier and phone manufacturer to make the update avalible. This makes no sense considering my phone is a Lumia 640 LTE which is UNLOCKED.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The upgrade advisor says that my phone is eligable, but that they are working with my carrier and phone manufacturer to make the update avalible. This makes no sense considering my phone is a Lumia 640 LTE which is UNLOCKED.

It being unlocked is irrelevant. What matters is whether it's branded.

Alacorn

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Updated my 930, now updating further to 164. Original update form 8.1 ignored all my regional settings and set it to original Vodafon Germany stuff - German language and what not. :)

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Just installed the upgrade advisor and W10 is ready for me to download.

For info, I am in UK, current phone details are:

640 dual sim
Carrier: CV GBIE
Current OS 8.10.15148.160

Now trying to decide whether to upgrade just now or wait till I get back from work

Just to update, my phone was bought sim free, updated when I got home, it installed build 107. There was an update straight away, so now loading build 164.

From what I've seen of 10 so far, wow! Very impressed. Just need to customise it to my requirements now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb