W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidus1983

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 LTE CV GBIE phone still waiting on the Official Windows 10 Mobile Update.
The only update i got was the Firmware from 02177.00000.15184.36003 to 02177.00000.16075.33004.

All the Upgrade says is my phone will get it but waiting on phone Manufacturer and Carrier.

My phone is Retail Factory unlocked and not branded so technically Microsoft is Both Manufacturer and Carrier for updates, I have done several Hard Resets and Several WDRT re-installs same issue.

I know there are people on here with same issue, So the Question is have they rolled out to people in the UK or is it like every other Manufacturer and we have to wait 3 months before getting it after everyone else has it.

If someone want to have a look

Model: RM-1072-1033
Product Code: 059X133

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 LTE CV GBIE phone still waiting on the Official Windows 10 Mobile Update.
The only update i got was the Firmware from 02177.00000.15184.36003 to 02177.00000.16075.33004.

All the Upgrade says is my phone will get it but waiting on phone Manufacturer and Carrier.

My phone is Retail Factory unlocked and not branded so technically Microsoft is Both Manufacturer and Carrier for updates, I have done several Hard Resets and Several WDRT re-installs same issue.

I know there are people on here with same issue, So the Question is have they rolled out to people in the UK or is it like every other Manufacturer and we have to wait 3 months before getting it after everyone else has it.

If someone want to have a look

Model: RM-1072-1033
Product Code: 059X133

Same with me, exact same phone and again retail factory, SIM free, unlocked. It's Microsoft's phone, Microsoft's software. No operator firmware etc to be approved.

I do wonder if the roll out is treating everyone as if they're operator brands and won't roll out generic ones until everything has been approved.

Also, while MS branded, these are still clearly from the former Nokia Mobile, having worked with Nokia and recognise the model and product codes, firmware version are Nokia's formats. I've also seen how the updates used to be rolled out at Nokia and god it was extremely slow and fragmented. Could get software for particular product codes and yet others of the same model will go months with nothing. Though most of that was because of operator versions that would take longer, but a generic would be quick. Then again there would be a huge amount of versions for different regions.

That said, I though Windows 10 was supposed to break away from this problem and allow MS to roll out updates directly instead of waiting for operator approval?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been extremely useful for many of us thanks to a5cent and his desire to help us all.
So I think a standing ovation is in order for one of our very best on the staff!

As of late this has gone in another direction after the official release has landed for qualifying devices.
There are other threads available for those seeking assistance with problems moving to WM10.

Thank you everyone.
Closing for now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720