Reset This PC setting

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Over the weekend, I had to do a factory reset of my grandmother's HP Pavilion that she got earlier this year in order to clear up some issues before upgrading to Windows 10. It appears that launching the HP recovery environment actually opens the Windows 8 Advanced Startup Options where it gives the option to reset or refresh Windows along with some other repair options. HP has created their own custom recovery image that is stored on the recovery partition of the hard drive.

This has got me wondering how the "Reset This PC" option works. Are both the reset and refresh option consolidated under the single "reset" option? I know that with Windows 8, you could create a custom refresh image with recimg.exe so that you wouldn't lose installed desktop programs like you would with the reset option.

I haven't been able to find much information about using this feature in Windows 10. Is it possible to create a custom refresh image anymore, or do we now have to revert to the old method of creating a full system image?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa