Tried everything to upgrade to Windows 10. Thinking of canceling the reservation. Please suggest/help. What do I do?

ddda

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Tried everything to uprade to Windows 10. Thinking of canceling the reservation. Please suggest/help

Hello,

I would like to know if i can cancel my reservation from the Get Windows 10 app so that i don't get the prompt every now and then and then upgrade from a bootable media later on?

I've tried all possible solution out there to upgrade my windows 8.1 to 10 but nothing is working out for me.

Things attempted so far:

1. Downloaded the windows 10 from windows update 4 times and everytime it got stuck at preparing for installation. Left it for 24hrs, nothing happened.
I've tried most of the tips available on net like safeboot, sfc, deleted files & folders and all but nothing!

2.Then downloaded the Media Creation Tool. After executing, it creates a folder $Windows.~WS size 44MB and then nothing happens. I did deleted the folder and tried running the tool but nothing happened other than that folder got created once again.

3. Downloaded 64 Bit Windows 10 Single Language for my Windows 8.1 Single Language from https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...us%2Fsoftware-download%2Ftechb&token=3vcYgUMn...
Mounted it, ran the setup.exe, it crated the same $Windows.~WS folder and didnt proceed further. I check the taskmanager but now windows installer or setup.exe showed up in the process list. I check my windows installer service and its up and running. I went to safe mode and mounted the iso but result was the same.

4. I burnt the ISO. Tried to boot from the dvd but DVD drive makes noise and then goes silent.
Infact after inserting the dvd in drive and after rebooting, my pc wont reboot untill the drive stops. Even when i press 'esc' to enter bios/uefi, it wont enter bios unless the dvd drive stops spinning or after i eject the dvd. Cannot access my my bios or access the boot order when i press f9 on my HP pavalion 15 notebook unless i eject the dvd from drive or unless the drive stops spinning

I have updated drivers, bios etc. All other bootable media works just fine but windows 10 bootable dvd gives problem.

5. Downloaded fresh ISO, verified the md5 hash, everything looks good but dvd won boot and drive makes this cut cut cut noise.

I have my windows 8.1 up to date. Any insight as what might be the problem here?

I am going for the final option of having a bootable usb (when i buy one), untill then if anyone can suggest some steps i would be greatful. I was thinking to cancel the reservation as the update prompt from win 10 app is starting to annoy me. Can i cancel the reservation?

Thanks.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Tried everything to uprade to Windows 10. Thinking of canceling the reservation. Please suggest/

Go into your windows update-installed updates and uninstall KB3035583. That will get rid of the GWX update reminders.

ddda

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Tried everything to uprade to Windows 10. Thinking of canceling the reservation. Please suggest/

Go into your windows update-installed updates and uninstall KB3035583. That will get rid of the GWX update reminders.
I have windows update on 'install update automatically' so wouldn't it install that KB again?

What if i cancel the reservation and then few months down the line i upgrade from a bootable media. Will i still be able to upgrade or i will have to purchase license?

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Remove automatic update, uninstall, manually search for updates, right update and hide it. Go back and set automatic updates. Next time you want to install the update unhide the update(s) and install.

Hope this helps, hiding it on my Dell one 2320 until I find a solution to a free TV turner to replace wmc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire