Why are my post upgrade applications crashing?

Cerulean Bill

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Post Upgrade Application Crashes

After upgrade from W81 to W10, I have occasional Notepad, Thunderbird email, and PhotoPhilia crashes, no data saved. Occasionally the task does not crash but does disappear from the task bar (visible from Task Manager) though I can't get back into it.

I have not upgraded any of these products. I'd have assumed that Notepad, at least, would be current.

I don't know how to find which build I am on.

Any thoughts on resolution would be appreciated.

Last edited:

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Post Upgrade Application Crashes

the first thing you might do it's sfc /scannow on CMD it might say everything is ok, or it fixed something. about the other programs you could reinstall them.
about them being visible on task manager but disappeared. I remember this app Yet Another Process Monitor (YAPM) has an option to bring apps that disappear that way, you can try it, you just have to double-click it on the process that disappeared and in the new window choose windows tab. right-click whatever you see it can be the windows that disappeared and click show. the app is old, and I don't know if process.
I don't know if it works on process explorer/hacker. it has a "restore" button. but not sure because I didn't use them when I had that problem some years ago.

Cerulean Bill

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, _Emi_. I am running the SFC/scannow now, and if that doesn't find anything, I'll re-install the software. I'll report back with results. Again, thanks for your quick response.

Cerulean Bill

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, _Emi_. I am running the SFC/scannow now, and if that doesn't find anything, I'll re-install the software. I'll report back with results. Again, thanks for your quick response.

SFC completed and says that it repaired some corrupted files. I'm going to hang loose to see if the problem abates (or gets worse!) If I take any further action, I'll note it here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos