win 10 start menu - type to search bug

gumpert7

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
not sure if it's just my pc, but type to seach on the start menu fails to work when returning to start menu after clicking "all apps"

there are numerous times when i click the 'all apps' button out of habit, realise i don't wanna scroll through an entire list, and click the 'back' button to return to the start menu, which then causes the type to search function to fail to work, forcing me to either click on cortana, or to exit & reenter the start menu to get it working again.

anyone else having this issue? i think it'd also be great if msoft could enable type to search whilst in the all apps menu

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't noticed that but just tried it and that is what happens. I think it is because you clicked, now it is looking for mouse clicks not typing. It isn't that difficult to just slide over to Cortana and type there. The whole point of type to search is you aren't going anywhere else in the Start Menu.
However you mentioned having to scroll through the entire list in Start? Umm no, just click on a letter in the All Apps listing, A is usually readily available, once clicked you'll get the whole alphabet, click the letter of the program you want and boom, you are there at that listing. Can easily click on the program you want. I dare say it is quicker than searching (depends how quickly you type).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon