Windows 10 pro showing activated but not in the insider program?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 pro showing activated but not in the insider program

Hi, before windows 10 was out, I was dual booting my system and I had windows 8.1 and windows 10 insider preview on it. So after windows 10 was out, I deleted the windows 10 insider preview partition and did a dirty install over the windows 8.1 (not an upgrade). Skipped product key entry on install and logged in with my Microsoft account (which is also my insider account). The thing is now, my window 10 shows it's activated but I am not in the insider program ( I have checked in the settings app and I am not in the program). So did Microsoft give it to me for free? because I thought the prerequisite for having a genuine windows 10 is either buying it or being in the windows insider program.

salimk95

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 pro showing activated but not in the insider program

Microsoft automatically activate computers if they're registered in their servers. When you used the insider edition that key was stored with your hardware id in their servers. When it loaded it activated itself automatically using that key which it pulled from their servers. That means it's got a limited time line and that in order to keep windows 10, you'll need to re-enroll as you haven't upgraded which would have given you a permanent key. Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs