[solved] Possible to rearm?

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone

I have two questions:
  1. How long can you go without activating Windows 10 Pro?
  2. Can you rearm the trial like Windows 8 and 7?

The place where I work won't get its volume licensing key by October, so I'm hoping to extend the period until then.

Hope someone can help... Thanks!

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: (Urgent) Possible to rearm?

Windows 10, all versions, has 30 days to activate the product. It is my understanding that the trial cannot be rearmed, as it is tied to your Microsoft Account. Any attempts to circumvent that would be considered an act of piracy which we will neither condone nor help you to figure out nor allow it to be discussed here on the forums.

What you would have to do is to downgrade back to your previous OS, then upgrade when your workplace officially does the upgrade.

If your workplace is the one that did the upgrade for you, then it is an issue on them for doing this without a plan in place for licensing. If you did the upgrade without authorization from your workplace, well, that's between you and your boss. Not really a good idea.

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: (Urgent) Possible to rearm?

Hi!

Thank you for answering! Was able to receive the volume licensing key earlier than usual, so all my problems have been solved :)

The situation was actually totally different (as an IT admin at a school):
Upgraded an activated Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 10. Activation successful. As we did the past years, we cloned the pc onto another. The past years that hasn't been a problem, but now Windows 10 didn't recognize the other machine (it's all logical now of course). We managed to obtain the volume licensing key a month earlier and were able to activate it (and all the other PCs) now.

(As a school, we clone PCs because it's the easiest and fastest way to get a whole package of software onto another PC.)

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If I had known about the cloning, I could have provided specific information for that. Yes, cloning will only work with the volume licensing key with Windows 10. It "knows" it's a clone. Kind of like in the sci-fi book I read where a man made a clone of himself, and the clone killed him and took over his life. Nasty situation. But I digress...

Cloning does make the process go faster, though. Glad your situation is resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos