Why am I unable to adjust brightness after updating my HP laptop rom Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
unable to adjust brightness ater updating hp laptop rom windows 8.1 to windows 10

i upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 single language home edition .after the installation brightness control key is not working and also on the right bottom of the screen from the battery option the brightness option is disabled (m not able to select it ). how to fix this bug m using HP notebook

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: unable to adjust brightness ater updating hp laptop rom windows 8.1 to windows 10

Most probably, the upgrade to Windows 10 uninstalled the third-party drivers that control those custom key settings in your keyboard (it happened to my Samsung Laptop as well). You can do two things:

1. Utilize the new quick settings found in the notification area of Windows 10 - you should see brightness as one of the quick access icons there;
2. Search for and re-install the custom HP software that enables those keyboard features and settings in your Laptop.

I did both of these two, I prefer going with #1 for consistency.

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
i already mentioned that the option to adjust brightness from the notification centre is not working . I cant select it.(its already deselected/disabled)

blueplaneta

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Toshiba laptop and I solved it.
if you have Intel gpu you need to uninstall intel graphic driver using driver fusion.
after that go to device manager->display adapters->intel graphic--right click on it and let it install drivers automatically
if intel does not appear you have to reboot than install the driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium