Windows 10 - How to Properly change system language?

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 - How to Properly change system language

Hi guys,

So changing the system language should be as easy as settings>region&language>Download the preferred language

Now:

In doing so, my system did change from Russian to English, although not properly.
Most objects are English as you'd expect after the change, but some system elements are still Russian. For example, grayed out text in textboxes (The explanation of what you should type) is still Russian. Also, the date & time on the lock screen is still Russian. Also, the "windows is waiting for apps to close" when shutting down, is Russian, both text and buttons.

Is this a windows10 flaw, anyone else experiencing this?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 - How to Properly change system language

Hey,

I don't face this problem, changed Windows from English to my native language back and forth. Sure in my language there are still lots of English text, but in English it's all perfect in English. Things to keep in mind is, did you set it to default language? And for your date and time, it depends on region, if you set it to Russian then it's Russian for any language, and "windows is waiting..." It depends on system wide language settings (which affect login screen and new user account, if your Windows is previously Russian most likely this is set to Russian), you can fiddle with language and region setting in Control Panel, and made sure to explore every button as some option isn't easily noticeable. Hope this helps.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 - How to Properly change system language

There is indeed another setting that you may have missed. Changing the language only affects the regular user-dependent interface. Elements, that are exactly the same for all users (thus user-independent), such as the shutdown screen, the welcome screen, etc. will still appear in a different language.

In control panel - language settings there's an "advanced settings" on the left under which you can then apply the language settings to the welcome screen, system accounts, and new user accounts.

language.png

You may have to select a language from the dropdown box first though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium