Windows 10 - srt/srttrail.txt - log file = startup repair incompatible with OS?

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Windows10 - srt/srttrail.txt - log file = startup repair incompatible with OS

Hi guys,

After upgrading another win7 PC to Win10, everything worked fine. Then, upon doing some fine tuning, the pc just went blank with a black screen. Hard drive was still running so not the PC shutting down. After a force restart I was brought to the system repair which was caught in a loop.

Log file displaying the error was srt/srttrail.txt. Upon further inspection of that file the error returned was "The version of startup repair is incompatible with the OS"

WITHOUT clean installing windows10, please tell me there is a solution to this?

alb3530

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows10 - srt/srttrail.txt - log file = startup repair incompatible with OS

Do startup repair always appear after turning system on?If not, what error do you get?

You can use the installation media, and try the startup repair from there....

Also from the installation media, open command prompt, type "bcdedit" and post here what happens....

Best regards

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows10 - srt/srttrail.txt - log file = startup repair incompatible with OS

Nope tried everything, catastrophic disaster. Even went to the PC Manufacturer in Cape Town (I'm in the IT industry so I know them personally) and the best we could do was my last resort of using my Win7 System image. Ill try Win10 on that PC later when MS fine tunes a bit more. Okay maybe that's a bit harsh, but still. I wont be updating this week again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon