there is no sound output in my sony vaio laptop after upgrading to windows 10.
    08-24-2015 07:57 AM
    You could try any of the following to see if your PC needs to install new driver versions:
    1. Through device manager, expand the sound, video and game controllers category, then right click on your specific audio service (in my case it's realtek)... then click on "update driver software..."
    2. Launch windows update and let it automatically check for updates. Not all drivers can be detected using this method, though, but certainly all the essential drivers to make your PC work (screen, keyboard, USB, etc.) will automatically be downloaded through this method.
    It's good of you to make those suggestions, but they are generic and I'm sure the OP will have tried them. My Vaio Duo 13 also has no sound since upgrading to W10, and no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers using Windows Update or downloading directly from Realtek, enabling/disabling the device, or anything else works for me.

To be fair, Sony specifically warns against upgrading the Vaio to W10 until they've sorted out the drivers.
    Head to windows channel on YouTube, you'll find a solution there
    08-24-2015 08:03 AM
    Go to device manager, uninstall the sound driver, reboot.
    Don't check the uninstall driver software box when uninstalling driver.
    08-24-2015 09:42 AM
    You could try any of the following to see if your PC needs to install new driver versions:
    1. Through device manager, expand the sound, video and game controllers category, then right click on your specific audio service (in my case it's realtek)... then click on "update driver software..."
    2. Launch windows update and let it automatically check for updates. Not all drivers can be detected using this method, though, but certainly all the essential drivers to make your PC work (screen, keyboard, USB, etc.) will automatically be downloaded through this method.
    08-24-2015 12:07 PM
    It's good of you to make those suggestions, but they are generic and I'm sure the OP will have tried them. My Vaio Duo 13 also has no sound since upgrading to W10, and no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers using Windows Update or downloading directly from Realtek, enabling/disabling the device, or anything else works for me.

To be fair, Sony specifically warns against upgrading the Vaio to W10 until they've sorted out the drivers.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-24-2015 12:51 PM

Well, we never really know whether the answer we'll be giving would be of help or not. I've encountered users who asked questions like "Why can't I hear anything from my phone?" then it turns out that the phone was in silent mode, "Why aren't any webpages loading?" when the phone/PC isn't even connected to the internet and "Why isn't my phone turning on?" when all it needed was a little help from the phone charger. It's better to have shared a known answer than to have not shared at all.

How about the two responses before me?

By the way, thanks for reminding me of the warning Sony issued for Vaio users - this is most probably draws the scenario most accurately.
    08-24-2015 01:07 PM
    First, make sure your default audio output is set to your speakers. Mine was defaulted to a BT speaker or something. I just changed the default to my computer speakers.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-24-2015 02:28 PM
    Have you tried
    Right click on volume>choose playback devices>choose speakers>click properties>Enhancements>add a tick to the disable enhancements box.
    Enhancements is the 3rd tab along for me.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-29-2015 12:01 PM