One Windows 10 (and office) on two computers?

vdamir78

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I upgraded my laptop's win7 to win10 and it is all working well.
Now I've got an older desktop computer that also had win7 on it, however, this spring after defragmenting the HDD it simply died.
I no longer have original instalation of the win7 nor the key that went with the desktop.
Now, does having been the owner of win7 (that came preinstalled on the laptop) qualify me for a free installation of win10 to my desktop after I buy a new and blank SSD?
I have all the product keys (win10, office 2013 and some other software) extracted with app called Belarc Advisor.

I downloaded win10 iso, can I use those product keys for a new win10 installation and installation of office 2013 to the new desktop's SSD drive?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only way it works is through an upgrade at first. Which kind of "converts" your key to a windows 10 key.. But it's a totally different key. You cannot use your windows 7 key in a Windows 10 install. It won't work.

Now, you are eligible to a Windows 10 upgrade. If you have the product key from the computer that crashed, simply install Windows 7 with the key and upgrade to Windows 10. You will then be able to extract the windows 10 key and use that in the future for clean installs from ISO.

You can also enter the key here (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows7&token=W6VqNAde) to assist with downloading your copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft Website.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT

I now re-read your post.

Windows 10 key can only be activated on one copy of windows. You will need a separate license for the desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro