Wearables for Windows 10 Mobile

Moskus

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm always wearing three devices: A Lumia 930 in my pocket, a Fitbit One in my other pocket, and a Pebble on my wrist.

The Pebble is awesome for what it does: Deliver my notifications to my wrist for easy access. When I supported the original Pebble on Kickstarter I was using my HTC Titan (which was a fantastic phone!), but switched to Android when I learned that I would not be able to upgrade to Windows Phone 8 (I was kind of annoyed about that).

However, with Android I was able to use my Pebble. And I absolutely love it! Having notifications from email, texts, and my smart house pushed to my wrist is awesome! But Android is a real mess when it comes down to do some actual work, like use your calendar or email, so I switched back to Windows Phone. Microsoft "leaked" their Pebble app, and I was back in business!

However, with Windows 10 Mobile this app apparently does not work any more. :(
It's the last thing holding me back from upgrading my Lumia to Win10 (everything else is already upgraded).

My original Pebble is starting to wear out, so I'm looking at a new smartwatch WITH full Windows support. Any suggestions?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that Microsoft Band 2 is your best bet. If you want a (good) taste of what v2 will be like you can find Microsoft Band v1 on sale on many sites and then sell it when the time comes.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Does the Band handle every type of notification?

If by handle you mean you can read it yes it can.

You have single tile for some notifications like sms, FB messenger, twitter and so on; then you have a generic tile for the whole notification center.

I do not know what kind of interaction you are looking for though.

Moskus

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
That answer my question completely, thanks! :)
Calls, SMS and emails are fine on the Fitbit Surge, but I want more than that.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
By the way by "single tile" I meant "dedicated tile".

In other words some apps support the band directly and have a dedicated tile, other apps (which do not support the band directly) have their toast notifications forwarded to the band via the notification center tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire