Windows 10 infinite loop on startup trying to repair system

Moondoggy

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
This afternoon my wife was doing something on the computer, got stuck, and rebooted. Once she rebooted a screen popped up into a repair diagnostic screen and said it was diagnosing the error to repair it. Only problem was that it didn't repair anything and the options that were available were all tried and nothing fixed this infinite loop issue. Luckily, I backed up my system with Acronis TrueImage so as we're speaking my PC is being restored. Has anyone else seen this behavior? If so, were you able to get it out of the loop? If so, how did you do this?

Poppy Ann

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I posted almost the same question my computer is locked in a loop after it updated itself now it goes from the post screen to windows has a fault and needs to restart to fix it and round and round it goes I cannot even boot from the original DVD or reinstall windows 8 to try and fix the problem.
Microsoft have not replied to my question all I can boot into is Ubuntu and I cannot install windows from there I may have to just stick to Ubuntu and forget windows completely.

Regards Poppy Ann.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes it happens the PC would overheat and then it gets stuck in the infinite loop just like here, trying to fix and then saying it failed. Unplugging it from the source of power fixes it. It's like something useless stays in the memory. I don't know what is the cause there, but just giving a Tip ;) :)

DaCeige

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Mine did this... I stopped it in that blue preboot area and hit the advanced setting, one of which allowed it to reboot and give me a list of options, one of which was safe mode. Selected safe mode and my laptop booted. Rebooted again and everything was fine. (very weird, can post exact steps if you can't find it)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12