Is anyone here using a start menu replacement program in Windows 10?

jarrett178

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using Classic Shell. It was the first thing I downloaded after I upgraded my laptops. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E545 and a Compaq Presario CQ57-339WM.

I love it. It feels like I'm using Windows 7 again. I had Windows 8.1 on my Thinkpad and I thought it was a piece of ****. It was very laggy and slow. I'm using the Aero Glass theme and my start menu looks just like the Windows 7 one.

What are the advantages to using Start10 over Classic Shell?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
if you have time to complain and talk useless stuff about your preference in a useless thread (because you never even tried to use the Windows 10 start menu and seem you love disgusting fake glass effect and really horrible start menu from windows 7).
I am sure you can find that answer by yourself. you know install one, and then the other and test and see if your life is complete

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I use both Classic Shell, for access to programs, and Start Menu, for access to pinned apps and live tiles.

I have my own set of start menu folders (Home, Work, etc., which I always put next to Programs so they show up at the top of the menu. I've been doing this since Windows 95 ;) The All Apps view is not useable for this. It shows my folders but shows all the subfolders on one level.

sacerdos

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I paid for and use Stardock's start10. Together with making a quickmenu toolbar my desktop looks and feels like Windows 7.

Transmissum est uti Tapatalk ab Nota Galaxia X-punct-I meo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans