Something I have been waiting for and thought I would share.

My Surface pro 1 with windows 10 now uses my USB GPS with windows maps voice navigation.

I assume my Surface pro 3 will work the same. I do not use the SP3 in the vehicle though.

The app is a little crazy. Using Cortana is great but the navigation voice wont shut up, the map almost continuously spins in circles. Has a ways to go. I use Copilot for laptop for serious stuff. It is a touch friendly desktop app that is solid but old.

I used to have to use a software to send GPS info to windows location services but that is not needed now. There is no settings in Maps or in windows location that mentions external GPS that I have found so far but if you unplug the GPS Maps says no GPS signal. It appears support for these external devices is happening but I find no mention of it on the web. I believe this happened after the last windows update.
    08-30-2015 04:44 PM