People App - Profile Pictures?

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've searched around for an answer to this but I couldn't find anything. Does the People App in Windows 10 bring in profile pictures from Facebook? This worked great in Windows 8.1 and all the mobile versions (even WP10 preview) but for some reason all my contacts in the People App have blank pictures and I'm not sure how to get this fixed. I have the Facebook app installed but I'm not sure if there is anything else I need to do. It's annoying seeing all the blank pictures.

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Open facebook app go to setting and select connect to phone option and wait for it to complete then see if it worked. It may or may not work since Windows Mobile 10 is still in development.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, it currently does not do it for Linkedin. Linkedin is so far behind and they seem to given up on the platform. We should start bugging them for a universal app.

Jean_Philippe VERT

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Open facebook app go to setting and select connect to phone option and wait for it to complete then see if it worked. It may or may not work since Windows Mobile 10 is still in development.

We are not in the Windows 10 Mobile forum. So far I don't see any way to connect FB, Twitter or LinkedIn to the W10 People App.

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
We are not in the Windows 10 Mobile forum. So far I don't see any way to connect FB, Twitter or LinkedIn to the W10 People App.
Sorry my bad that I did not understand that u r talking about Windows 10 on pc and yes I think that the all the social app need to update for windows 10 as native app because there's an option in people app in windows 10 pc to get social app and it try to search the store with empty string which does not give any results.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So it sounds like I'm not alone and other people can't get this to work either. I did notice a "Profile Sync" option in the Facebook settings but I think this just syncs my profile picture which I don't want to do. Has anyone else done this and can let us know what this does? Maybe we just have to wait until Facebook updates their app to the Windows 10 platform.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
It was announced some time ago (June?) that due to changes made by FB the People app would not longer be able to work with FB. I don't know if that is temporary or permanent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention