How to find "lost" programs after Windows 10 upgrade

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you upgrade to Windows 10 and suddenly you can't find the software you had installed? Perhaps Foxit Phantom or even Adobe Photoshop has just disappeared? Not to worry! It's not really gone.

The only programs Microsoft will uninstall when you upgrade to Windows 10 would be certain incompatible Antivirus or Firewall programs that would prevent your computer from working. Average programs, games, and productivity programs will not be removed.

So, where did they go? Go into the Start Menu, and select All Apps. It can be found right there in alphabetical order.

If you're having trouble finding it there, then use Cortana. Type the name of the program into the Cortana search bar, and be sure to select the "My Stuff" button, so that it will only search locally and not search the store or web.

osmodia

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
My problem is that Adobe PS "vanishes" ! The shortcut is still there but I get the message saying that Adobe Photoshop.exe has been removed or changed. I search on file explorer and can find all the apps other files & folders associated with it but no actual application file!
I have tried a complete uninstall and then re-install and it works and seems all ok. But do a restart and it's gone again.
If i go via the Start menu and All apps it's there ok but I get the same message!

Last edited:

Miguel Costa

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Did you upgrade to Windows 10 and suddenly you can't find the software you had installed? Perhaps Foxit Phantom or even Adobe Photoshop has just disappeared? Not to worry! It's not really gone.

The only programs Microsoft will uninstall when you upgrade to Windows 10 would be certain incompatible Antivirus or Firewall programs that would prevent your computer from working. Average programs, games, and productivity programs will not be removed.

So, where did they go? Go into the Start Menu, and select All Apps. It can be found right there in alphabetical order.

If you're having trouble finding it there, then use Cortana. Type the name of the program into the Cortana search bar, and be sure to select the "My Stuff" button, so that it will only search locally and not search the store or web.

thank you for this information I just wanted to know the actual software that is uninstalled during the updated, no hidden, any chance it gets stored in some log which software was it?

I just did one upgrade of windows 10 to a new fix pack I guess and at restart it said one software was removed probably some anti spywear or anti-viurs but i did not catch up what was it, and I really don't like this feature as I would like to know what is being removed from my computer. any chance i can find this out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077