Can I Install Windows Phone App in Windows 10 Desktop?

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
What app?
Some apps have PC/Laptop/Tablet versions. Them you can install on your SP3.

Phone app you could extract from your phone memory, or trick the store to allow you to download it. But I'm not sure if you could run it, maybe in some sort of compatibility mode.

Jesse Lim Jia Nian

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of installing FB messenger, Instagram and the Etsy app on my SP3 but seems like it is on mobile only.
I just wish Win10 allows to run all the phone apps~ =(

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Jesse Lim Jia Nian

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
But I heard there are some backdoor or Trojan installed on Blue Stack. Don't know about AndyOS.
Well, I might as well try it out.

But the Chrome solution seems tempting. Thank you very much for the info~!

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
But I heard there are some backdoor or Trojan installed on Blue Stack

Some people "root" BlueStacks, the same way they root their Android phones, because they want pirated games form the black market.

They get the virus, the trojan, the worm, the bitcoin miner and what not.

Untempered BlueStacks is safe, only maybe irritant with game adds, but you can get rid of them if you get the paid premium version.

http://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/202014653-Subscription-for-Premium-version

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The point of Windows 10 is to make universal apps, that means developers have to work for that, it would have been bad to implement a virtual machine to run windows phone apps, and not just do what Microsoft is doing with windows 10. yeah... one of the problem is Windows Mobile 10 is not available yet, so some developers are waiting to bring universal apps. and some will never do that. but I hope some see the benefits and really work to give a good experience for Microsoft ecosystem.

anyway, I remember there was a leaked Windows Phone emulator to install apps, I used it but it was not comfortable. so the only choice is AMIDuOS or crappy bluestacks, which I would advice you go to Facebook and find "freestacks is back" that's the bluestacks rooted version, I used it with kik some time ago, but I hated how the folder was getting bigger and bigger until it was like 6gb just for something I didn't really use.
But you can install that version and don't worry about the games bluestacks can install on you and all that stuff for not being premium

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
find "freestacks is back" that's the bluestacks rooted version, I used it
Great, and than people wonder where all that malware comes from, must be the BlueStacks.
You dont need to root BlueStacks for Facebook or Instagram apps, only if you want to play pirated games from the black market.
I hated how the folder was getting bigger and bigger until it was like 6gb just for something I didn't really use.
Ever tried to "google" for a solution?

Go into the advance settings to apps and then click all the way over to all and disable the two that cause the popup to launch in the first place.

AppSync and the BS-Services.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Great, and than people wonder where all that malware comes from, must be the BlueStacks.
You dont need to root BlueStacks for Facebook or Instagram apps, only if you want to play pirated games from the black market.

Ever tried to "google" for a solution?

Go into the advance settings to apps and then click all the way over to all and disable the two that cause the popup to launch in the first place.

AppSync and the BS-Services.

and then people wonder why forums are full of clueless people.
Freestacks is only about rooted Bluestacks which you can do it yourself, is not only about be able to install pirated games or anything, I don't even play games so why would I need it besides when I wanted to run WhatsApp or Kik. the point of rooting is avoiding bluestacks trying to install apps on your computer they call "sponsor apps". yes it's free, but it's annoying for just using two or three apps. I don't even care what this person is going to use it for, and if this person wants to use cracked games, it's his problem, not mine.
But rooted is not only about installing games.
or you linked to a site you don't even care to read?
"1) What is the difference between the Free and Premium Versions?.
The premium version does not download sponsored apps occasionally and hence preventing system from running slow."

oh yeah... it has to do with pirated games only OMG /s

Like I said, I don't even use kik anymore, so why would I install bluestacks? pffftttt "google"? I don't even use google... I use Bing.
oh but wait... Solution for what? I tested and Bluestacks uses a virtual storage (as it's obvious) and that was the thing increasing, so how can you fix that? tell me please. because every time you added a file, it didn't delete the file from the bluestacks virtual storage, so it kept increasing, I installed games and downloaded files and the storage keep growing. it just deleted it from the client, not from the file. so please tell me. how your "AppSync and the BS-Services. " crap, can fix anything? please enlighten me I am all ears...
what solution you want me to find? if it's a problem in the way storage is made on bluestacks, a problem I don't care about, but for some it's not good you know, not everyone has hundreds of free GBs space on their surface pro.

so what if i don't want to find a solution on bing? I just uninstalled because I don't care and like I said I-D-O-N-T-E-V-E-N-U-S-E-I-T-A-N-Y-M-O-R-E.

anyway you talk about malware? what about YOU google for a free antivirus and malware solution and stop talking your dumb crap that I don't care, especially since you are not the OP.

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
not everyone has hundreds of free GBs space on their surface pro
you can delete everything from BlueStacks and from you Google Play Store account, just "bing" for a tutorial on how to do it
also you can disable auto updates, etc., so files of new games and apps wont even get downloaded to your tablet
than you can easily just remove them form your Play Store Account,
unlike Windows Phone, Google lets you permanently delete unwanted apps that you own
in Windows Store I got over 500 apps just on one account that I don't use
I tried them out and uninstalled them, but I can't remove them from my apps list

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos