my WIFI is not working at all after upgrade...

anaisnin

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from W8 to W10. I have Acer V17. For few weeks, everything seemed to be ok... And then, one week ago, I restarted my computer, and I think I saw some actualisation being installed (I thought I turned them off, but I probably did not...). Since that moment I dont have WIFI. And I mean no WIFI at all - my network center says, there are no WIFI networks to connect to. But that is not true, because on my phone and other devices, there are WIFI networks. I tried to google the answer and tried few things, but nothing helps. In Device manager, my WIFI adapter (Qualcom Atheros) ha yesllow exclamation mark, but when i try to update the drivers, it says, they are up to date... but the exclamation mark is still there, an I have no connection. I am completely hopless, because I need WIFI for my job. I really hate the moment I decided to upgrade this system... Can anyone hlep me? Thank you.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I ran into issues that were solved by a clean install. However if you don't want to go that route:
However you CAN connect to the network, go grab the drivers for your machine/device combination and update to those drivers. I had a machine I had to do this to after I was troubleshooting and removed/deleted my drivers. I plugged in my laptop via network cable, searched Lenovo, found there were two possibilities, downloaded them both, tried one and it didn't work, tried the other and it hasn't had a problem since.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Goto the Acer website and grab the drivers. Try those.

Note also that some laptops have hardware switches to turn off Wi-Fi and when used, give the same result you are describing. Check you haven't somehow turned WiFi off either with a hardware button or control key combination. Sometimes you have Fn key with F2 etc.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Good call! Forgot about that switch! Those things, while functional if you travel all the time, are a pain in the **** for so many people!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos