Hitler find out Microsoft removing apps from Windows store

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hitler find out microsoft removing apps from windows store

I always suspected that the humor would be lost on someone who understands the dialogue, but I didn't know for sure. I do not speak German.

We non-German speakers do have an advantage here; we can watch the video many times over, each time with Hitler going postal over a different issue! :angry:

As soon as you understand the dialog it just gets way too intense and serious to be able to laugh over it, not to mention the mismatch being quite annoying.

I can somewhat recreate the experience by muting the audio, but of course you then lose much of the emotionality the scene is intended to have, so yeah, definitely an advantage for you guys ;-)

The actor playing Hitler is Swiss BTW.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hitler find out microsoft removing apps from windows store

As soon as you understand the dialog it just gets way too intense and serious to be able to laugh over it, not to mention the mismatch being quite annoying.

I can somewhat recreate the experience by muting the audio, but of course you then lose much of the emotionality the scene is intended to have, so yeah, definitely an advantage for you guys ;-)

The actor playing Hitler is Swiss BTW.

We can create a version with Mussolini :D our other beloved WW2 misfit

Last edited by a moderator:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ I understand too much Italian for that to work unfortunately... unless you've got footage of Mussolini speaking something other than German, English, French or Italian/Spanish. :wink:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Made me laugh. It's always the end of the world from someone despite a continued (slow) rise in global sales. Let's see what the next year brings!

There is slow and there is a snail pace...

The video hit the nail on the head for me, I have even been eyeing some Android devices and that is really said because I love Windows Phone but, how long can one really wait for a OS to even get close to competing with options and apps like everyone else ?

It's the normal thing for Windows Phone, if you want a new app, or a smartwatch...Just wait or coming soon, stuff that was said years ago.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
There is slow and there is a snail pace...

The video hit the nail on the head for me, I have even been eyeing some Android devices and that is really said because I love Windows Phone but, how long can one really wait for a OS to even get close to competing with options and apps like everyone else ?

It's the normal thing for Windows Phone, if you want a new app, or a smartwatch...Just wait or coming soon, stuff that was said years ago.

Personally I enjoy my current phone. I think Windows Mobile will be a great upgrade and will bring more Apps via the Astoria. I know that I would spend a lot more money to have an iPhone. Android has never worked/appealed to me. Everyone I know with one complains or has gone back to Apple. What would I get from changing to Apple? I'd spend more $ and get a few more apps that I don't really need and would rarely use. So happy here :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs