How can I fix a network drive issue with Lightroom?

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Network drive issue with Lightroom

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed any problems with networking/networked drives in W10 recently.
My computer was working fine and suddenly in the last couple days the following problem happened:

In adobe lightroom (5.7.1) I am trying to view photos on my g: drive and also to import photos from the g: drive into lightroom. Both fail. Lightroom no longer recognizes networked drives.
Windows explorer sees the g: drive and its files just fine.

How would you troubleshoot this? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sam

PS - I use iTunes in a similar fashion in that I keep my music files on a network share. iTunes is working fine, is able to see and play the files from my network drive just fine.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Network drive issue with Lightroom

Is it possible the API changed and Adobe hasn't updated their app? You should contact Adobe and see if they have a solution. Especially since two other methods work for you and Adobe doesn't, that kind of narrows down the issue to them.

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Solved (I think)
1. I had network issues. My wifi and my lan networks were being set as "public" and therefore were being restricted. Mysteriously, even after I set them as "private", every once in a while they get set back to public. WTF.
2. Because Lightroom was acting strangely I started to always launch it using "run as admin". Well, guess what? Drag and drop stops working in lightroom when you run it as as admin.

Now that I have identified those 2 issues I seem to be up and running again.

Good luck!

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Solved (I think)
1. I had network issues. My wifi and my lan networks were being set as "public" and therefore were being restricted. Mysteriously, even after I set them as "private", every once in a while they get set back to public. WTF.
2. Because Lightroom was acting strangely I started to always launch it using "run as admin". Well, guess what? Drag and drop stops working in lightroom when you run it as as admin.

Now that I have identified those 2 issues I seem to be up and running again.

Good luck!

you can try removing your network profile, you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles on the registry and delete the one that goes back to public, it doesn't harm anything, it only removes the profile and when yout when you reconnect your ethernet or wifi, it will ask you like if it was the first time you plug it, and if you want to be seen by other PCs and be private or not if you click yes or not.
Maybe this way it won't go back to public?

and yes, being admin disables drag and drop, but Lightroom shouldn't need admin rights. I mean, if you access folders with correct permissions it should never be a problem. I have lightroom and don't have a problem with admin rights and such.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss