Hey guys, I have been struggling to find an answer for this for some time. On my Dell laptop, I'm trying to get a middle mouse click to work. I have tried but can't make Synaptics do it (even tried editing the registry).

What I found is that inside of "Mouse & touchpad" settings, there is an option to choose what a "three finger tap" does. Right now it opens Cortana, I want to know if I can change it to simulate a middle mouse click. If someone knows how I can change it (through registry) or anything else.
    09-08-2015 08:07 PM
    I want to do this as well. I want it to be my browser back button.
    Did you ever find out how to do this?
    04-10-2016 08:48 PM
    my synaptic drivers let me change that to anything but middle click, and default drivers for ms touchpad on another pc don't even have options for anything, Linux and osx just beat the crap out of windows when it comes to touchpad support
    04-12-2016 12:10 AM
    Hey guys, I have been struggling to find an answer for this for some time. On my Dell laptop, I'm trying to get a middle mouse click to work. I have tried but can't make Synaptics do it (even tried editing the registry).

What I found is that inside of "Mouse & touchpad" settings, there is an option to choose what a "three finger tap" does. Right now it opens Cortana, I want to know if I can change it to simulate a middle mouse click. If someone knows how I can change it (through registry) or anything else.
    the three finger tap was something I could assign in 8.1 but not in W10
    04-12-2016 02:42 AM