W10-10525 - Weird app behavior, why are they crashing?

Arobs45

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
W10-10525 - Weird app behaviour

Hi all !
I am currently using the W10-10525 build on my SP3. However, some apps have a weird behavior since some time (I don't know exactly when, that doesn't help in the troubleshooting).

Those apps (ie News, Weather, Contacts, but also Hill Climbing Race... non exhaustive list) work really well when my SP3 is online (either Wifi or Ethernet through Docking Station).
However, they immediately crash (splash screen and shutdown) when my SP3 is "offline". Some other apps (mail, or even other metro apps) would run nice and smoothly.

Any idea or similar topic seen here or there ?

Thanks a lot !

waraukaeru

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10-10525 - Weird app behaviour

I am experiencing this too, and after substantial troubleshooting and following all the advice on the Microsoft forum, I still can't get my Windows Store apps to work when I am offline. Looking at all the posts on Microsoft, it looks like the issue is widespread and seems to affect Surface users and certain other tablet/laptop devices.

I have yet to see a single comment from Microsoft that acknowledges that there is an issue with Windows 10 or any hope of a fix. Support representatives just make you go through an endless loop of troubleshooting steps until you do a complete refresh of your device. I have seen posts from users that have refreshed their Surface only to have the apps stop opening offline within a few days.

I am really hoping to make a bit of noise about this serious bug in the hopes that someone at Windows Central will write an article about it and pressure Microsoft for a statement about it.

Anyone in the Insider track on a Surface Pro 3? Are you experiencing this in the newer builds at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster