How can I include folders in my libraries?

jsbenson

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Having problems including folders in my libraries

I have tried many times to include folders in my libraries with no luck. I've done this tons of times before, so I know I'm doing this correctly.

Here's what I do:
Right-click on my D drive "Music" folder, which is the folder I want to add to the "Music" library.

I select "Include in library" and select the "Music" library.

However, after this I do not see the D-drive music folder or it's contents in the Music library.

When I attempt to add the D-drive music folder to the "Music" library again I get a response that says "Music is already included in the library."

Even after restarting I don't see it.

I tried using "WinLibraryTool". I could see the libraries I had added but weren't seeing. I tried changing the libraries from here but I get an error. This app probably isn't 10 compatible.

I have tried this with many different folders and libraries but I have the same problem.

Anyone know what might be happening?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having problems including folders in my libraries

well... I have to ask did you make your libraries to show on your file explorer?

The folders you see under This PC aren't libraries but the plain user folders.
The way to bring libraries to show on file explorer is select the View tab, and then select Navigation pane > Show libraries.
also you can right click on the navigation panel, on any blank space and click on "show libraries"?.

Well that would be the only way for File Explorer not to show the libraries, otherwise it should work and I wouldn't have anything to suggest. I know my question might seem silly but I had to ask because you didn't mention that or show a screenshot. or I don't know if you come from Windows 7, because windows 8 hid the libraries like Win10 so you had to do show them the same.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having problems including folders in my libraries

No problem. I am glad that was the reason :)
I guess libraries being a kind of complex feature for most users, you know "user folders vs libraries" and such were the reason to hide them on 8 and now 10, but at least they are still available.
so, I thought you could be coming from windows 7 and didn't know what happened with libraries. so it's good it was solved and you can enjoy them again.
Have a good day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss