Can the Surface 3 be used as an external monitor?

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been considering getting the Surface 3 to use in class as an electronic notepad of sorts, as well as for general consumption use. I also have an ultrabook running W10, and when I'm at home I like to work using an external monitor. Obviously I can't lug a monitor to the library, but I was hoping maybe the Surface 3 would be able to serve that purpose when I work there. I know that there are Android and iOS apps that turn a tablet into a monitor, but are there any that do the same for Windows? The app can be a Store app or for the desktop, no matter.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question fully.
I volunteer as a techie at my daughter's school and the teachers use the Surface in class and they can project to a Smart board. I use the Surface at work and I use an external monitor with it. I have, in the past, used software to project my phone to my Windows computer (like what you said about android/ios). However I'm sure you wouldn't want to use a phone as a computer when you'd have the Surface, which is a better computer than the phone.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so.
My educated guess - It works like audio...you would need a video in port, of which there is none.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786