Why can't Cortana delete reminders!

sully9088

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
This seems to be the most simple thing, but it isn't even a function! I ask Cortana to remind me to buy milk tomorrow at 3pm. She sets up the reminder. Great!! 10 minutes later my wife says, "I bought milk." Ok.... "Hey Cortana, cancel my 3pm reminder tomorrow." *Cortana opens up the Bing web browser*. WHY??? Why do you make me go into Cortana's notepad and cancel the reminder manually? She is supposed to be my personal assistant! Can you imagine an executive director taking his assistant's notepad and scratching appointments off? Sheesh!!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol I find it amusing that this would trouble you :/ If Google Now or Siri can perform this, then you should switch -_-

In any case, since you're on w10, you can easily use the feedback app to suggest this or search to see if someone else has already and upvote that one

sully9088

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't bother me bad enough to jump ship. I was wondering if someone had a logical reason behind this lack of functionality (or maybe a supporting "here here me too" comment). I'm surprised that your first suggestion is to run to Google Now or Siri. Am I on Windows Central forum??! I already placed a suggestion on the uservoice website. Hopefully they decide to add this feature. It can be handy! Don't judge! Haha

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You actually can delete reminders...

Just ask Cortana "show me my reminders"

Then you should see a list of reminders. Click on the reminder you want to delete, and then in the bottom right corner you should see a trash can, and I think you know what to do next...

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
But then again, I just installed Windows 10 (build 10536, my very first build) on my 1520... So 8.1 may not have had that option...

I know that she can show you your reminders though (the method above), you just might not have the trash can button...

Windows 10 is extremely BEAUTIFUL btw 😊

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
@Bo indeed, that is the only way to delete them using Cortana, but I have a feeling that the OP wants a purely automated solution.. I don't disagree with OP, but unfortunately the only way to get this would be uservoice or the w10 feedback app. In both cases others will need to upvote the suggestion

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't bother me bad enough to jump ship. I was wondering if someone had a logical reason behind this lack of functionality (or maybe a supporting "here here me too" comment)

The only logical explanation I can think of.. it was an oversight :p Can you provide us with the uservoice link? I can help by voting

sully9088

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm about to download WIndows 10 Mobile... I've been waiting for a build good enough for a daily driver and I think this latest one is it. I was wondering if there are differences between Windows 10 Cortana and Windows 8.1 Cortana. Not sure if anyone did any investigations to see if there are any differences. Hmm...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to download WIndows 10 Mobile... I've been waiting for a build good enough for a daily driver and I think this latest one is it. I was wondering if there are differences between Windows 10 Cortana and Windows 8.1 Cortana. Not sure if anyone did any investigations to see if there are any differences. Hmm...

Well we're moving towards one platform so the idea is that cortana on the phone and that on other devices functions and feels the same (obviously hardware still plays a significant role). So eventually there shouldn't be much of a difference across all devices that run on w10.

Some functionality is currently lacking. For example some users can call up cortana using "hey cortana" phrase, but as for the rest, everything is still there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)