how to disable antimalware services executable on Home version

Nobby_74

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I figured out on the pro version but the home version doesn't have GPedit.msc. I disabled Defender but I still see antimalware services executable running in Processes.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried disabling it from services.msc console? And why would you want to disable the antimalware service in the first place, any specific reason?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
well the point is not to let people disable defender and then never be protected because they never enabled it back. it makes sense...
again if you don't want that kind of automatic protection you have two options.

1. upgrade to pro, and then have more control.
2. I am sure you didn't like my first option but also you can get a free cheap antivirus and disable that one, and never let it on, you know maybe something like Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential. it will disable defender as antivirus, and then you can close it if you don't need it and want it or use only the sandbox or nothing, but it will serve as a way to disable Defender and don't let it run again like it does by default.

I really don't even understand why you exactly want to disable it... of course it's on because you can use it without having real-time on and because it will reactivate after a while.
but it's only 25mb.... it does nothing but stay there sleeping and waiting. and I am sorry but 25mb is nothing for today's devices memory, 2gb or more.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett