I love Windows 10, but Netflix app does not.

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Quite frustrating really. My Dell laptop launches the Netflix app, then closes after about 10 seconds, so I tried it on my Dell Venue 11 Pro. It does EXACTLY the same thing. I'm sure I can't be the only one forced to use the website rather than the app?

Would I go back to Win 8.1 because the Netflix app is busted? Er, Nope! :smile: but I'm just wondering how many others are experiencing anything similar.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering how many others are experiencing anything similar.

Many do, But I got a workaround.
the problem is on the sign-in. yeah it sucks Netflix hasn't updated the app as they should.

but you have to run Netflix on default Windows mode. or fullscreen, it doesn't work on maximize.

anyway, you open Netflix, then you will see on the top right corner "sign in", but don't put your mouse over the text. wait until it appears and then hover and click as fast as you can.
in my case, if I hover it before the "sign in" appears it will be gray and the app will close. while if I do it the other way, the background would be normal Netflix black and the text will be clickable and will go to sign in.
that way you will get it working.

orrr I will just make an animated gif with PotPlayer so you understand.

This is what we are looking for:
Correct.png

and if it looks like this it will just fail and close:
Incorrect.png

This is the animated gift about how it should work:
20150919_123237.gif

it works on my side that way. and it shouldn't give any more problems because the problem is in the sign in part of the app, not the app itself. so if you logged in, next time you restart Netflix wouldn't close again because there is no log in page to display.

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow!! You absolute star!!! Thanks so much, it works a charm.

I can't thank you enough for your efforts :grin: :grin: :grin:

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
No problem! I am glad it works for you. I never watch netflix, I dislike it but my dad uses it, and sometimes he uses it on his laptop so yeah. this bug is a problem and let's hope Netflix fix it soon.

But be good! and I am glad it works for you and whoever come across this thread :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Awesome!
Thanks for the .gif, saved it for future reference and bookmarked this thread as I know invariably some will throw a tantrum when their favourite streaming service "doesn't work" .

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The problem is twinapi.appcore.dll it seems to fault quite often with applications. Not sure if it's because they are using api's from windows 8 and there's no backwards compatibility. It's still odd. There's a lot of odd issues in windows 10.
I had all these issues i got the iso today and re-installed from scratch and now my notifications area is completely empty. No apps even though I have received notifications from apps. Anyways, I put myself on insider fast ring but still not getting any updates for it. I just want to go on the latest one as it was running decent minus my mail notification. Now i'm missing them all. Oh Microsoft you silly people.

Igel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

i've got the same problem since i upgraded to the newest build and did a reset :/

but... i can't see this small sign in button.. it crashes right beforehand or i see this web login banner and then it crashes :(

EDIT:

I have reached out to the Netflix support. They are currently working on a fix. Since it isnt fixed, we have to use Chrome, Edge or Firefox

Last edited:

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

i've got the same problem since i upgraded to the newest build and did a reset :/

but... i can't see this small sign in button.. it crashes right beforehand or i see this web login banner and then it crashes :(

EDIT:

I have reached out to the Netflix support. They are currently working on a fix. Since it isnt fixed, we have to use Chrome, Edge or Firefox

We know they are fixing it whatever it is. but I already explained how you fix it, that's why I even added gifts and photos of how it must look in order to log in.
to get the .gif, I had to wait like 10 times for it to work. yes it's a luck thing, just keep opening until it looks like I did it, and not the gray one.
also I said you must be on windowed mode or click the expand-full screen button. if you maximize the window it wouldn't appear.

but follow the gif and the pics. but it won't work at first time, or it might. you just need to try it. I don't think it should be different for anyone using this app. but if you want to use a browser, you can do that. it seems easier for many people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234