If you had to add a feature to W10M, what would it be?

PtKumar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
A few ideas:

1. Startup: It would be nice if there is a little animation while booting the device.
2. Lock Screen Password: At present we are having Pin Password. How about introducing Picture password option just like in WINDOWS PC. Could be useful while using personal Picture as lockscreen.
3. Tile Colors: Just like automatic change of color of tile from backgroud in WINDOWS PC, there could some automatic change option of tile color according to the lockscreen picture. Could be usefull while using different lockscreen apps that gets updated periodically.
4. Lock Screen Picture: Bing - if possible adding the categories of images that are available (eg: Animals, Buildings, just like in Bing desktop app)
5. Left Side Panel: On sliding right side we are getting all apps, why cant we use the left side also. (Might be bad idea, still...) We can use some basic apps like one note.

NWBarryG

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Please, please, please support for Office 365 shared exchange email inboxes. We depend on these for running our business and it's a maddening that I can't access these on my WM phone.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I am a simple man, I only ask for instagram to get out of beta. The official app. :)

As a more tech savy man:
I would like to have back the facebook messenger in messaging, like they want to do with skype now.
I know it's very easy to do it but hard to manage it (each backend update from facebook messenger will break the integrated one in WM10).
Something like trillian, all in messaging app, that would be so awesome.

Sandesh SMS

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
first thing i ask is add equilizers with 10 bands for all phones..
in android with apps we can get,
this is the only thing i miss so much in windows phone

ian_pam

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I would like to bring back support for installing local apps that are stored in .xap format in local memory that was possible in Wp8.1, that saved me a lot of data when I installed big apps or games to multiple devices or reinstalling after a reset. Why Microsoft have to remove functionalities and start from scratch everytime we update our OS?

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to select text anywhere and send it to either a new reminder/task or a new calendar item, or share web urls or emails to directly to calendar or reminders. It's great being able to create a calendar item out of text messages, but I want more. Quickly turning an email into a calendar item or task is one of the best features of (desktop) Outlook and I hope to see that in mobile too.

ricardp23

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
This feature would be more on the email/office side but I would love it if my signatures across all devices would be synced and I can have something more than just my name and "Sent from my windows phone" without having to type everything out new each time.

K THomas Murphy

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
To allow Office 365 reminder acknowledgements & notifications to sync with desktop acknowledgements. Why do I always have to dismiss twice for appointments, etc?

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to have
-More notifications in the lockscreen
-Interactive livetiles
-Something when you swipe to the left of your homescreen
-But the most important: a decent notification center

dukrem

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely agree with tap to pay - would be nice if it integrated with banks too, like how wallet was supposed to work in WP8, so you can see your account balance when you tap to pay. Getting this sort of participation out of banks globally, I admit, would require a monumental effort.
Also:
-Improved action centre - more actionable notifications
-Improved slide over music controls (the one you get when pushing the volume key) - should be able to swipe down and get your playlist so that you can jump directly to songs instead of having to open the music app. Also allow 3rd party apps to integrate with these improved controls.
-Cortana functionality - firstly expanding Cortana more rapidly to other regions, secondly feature parity for those regions. Thirdly, contextual recognition like we were promised when Cortana launched - so you have an email open and say 'remind me about this email in 3 hours', and Cortana would know what email you mean. Or in the music app, you could say 'find me other songs by this artist' and Cortana knows what you are talking about because she can 'see' your screen.

Mohit Kathel

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
1. Multiple Finger Touch
2. Split Screen
3. Setting to customize Notification banner for each different app and customized way to dismiss the notification banner.
4. Option to change the font colour of the whole phone, menu, notification, tiles name, contact names etc.
5. Notification bar should also be rotate with the screen
6. Removal of app minisation when pressing the back button. Apps should close when we back out of app.
7. Cortana for Indian English accent
8. there is no option in Voice recorder to save the recorded file. Recorded file should save in SD card.
9. More Edit options in Word, excel and power point.
10. Store and apps should not have any restriction of regions. All apps at same price through the world.
11. remove download limit on files and apps.
12. Documents and files can be pinned on home screen and for these files or documents can be collected in folder... just like the App folder presently available in Windows 8.1 and windows mobile 10.
13. Glance screen is annoying and irritating

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
"13. Glance screen is annoying and irritating"

I thought we were talking about what to add, not what you want to take away. Plus you can just switch it off. Plus, I can't live without it, I love the Glance screen!

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Integration of all chat platforms with the default messaging application that is built in with WM10: Facebook chat, Google Hangouts, Viber, and Whats App are the ones I'd like dedicated support for, all merged into one app. I vaguely remember long ago that the messaging application had the ability to weave text messages and facebook messages too into a single thread... something like that, but with more platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)