If you had to add a feature to W10M, what would it be?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
More options for arranging tiles on the start screen. Nothing should shift up unless I want it to.

Landscape mode on start screen.

Outlook Calendar tile shows 1-3 events.

Death to the circular people tiles.

Apps to stop asking me to review them after I've already reviewed them. :angry:

Integrating music store back into Groove.

Remove the lock screen. Allow me to go from power button straight to start screen.

More than just white or dark theme. Let me get that gray theme, yo!

A close all/select all feature to every part of the OS.

Same day app updates for multiplatform releases (see Skype).

First party Xbox One games that use Smartglass.

MOAR PIVOTS!!

App integration into lock screen.

Zune :wink:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
More lively "Live Tile" features. More numbers of them active all at once.
Tiles updating content from the developers web site more often.

"Demo mode" pre programmed to really show off many large flipping tiles with many many images separated with static medium and smaller tiles with lesser number of images and "number" notifications updated.

At least one tile, the first one, "semi-streaming" live news from CBS or CNN or FOX. Repeating, and refreshed/ updated every 15 minutes with the newly current 8 - 12 news stories.

"Program" the live tiles to be updating to be visually interesting. Catch peoples attention with the changing content.

Choice to have the ZUNE music graphic animations be active all the time, running through your chosen play list, showing off your songs graphically with the ZUNE animations on a big tile.

Last edited:

Rahul Dubey

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I want to add 1. Windows live messenger like when i buy lumia 820 first time that time i am connect with facebook in my message (support in lumia black and Lumia amber). 2. Eualizer support for internal speaker. 3. Caller id support. 4. Cortona will support in every application and files.:unhappysweat:

KaiserMcG

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
- a proper Desktop/non-touch Mode with a decent Start menu, no live tiles/apps and no wasted space everywhere
- the ability to turn off all tracking/"feedback" options
- return of a functional Windows Update component that gives the user back control
- restore OneDrive functionality to how it works in Win 8.1
- A consistent UX/UI, not the mash of 3 (Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10) we have now

And maybe most importantly, enough of the constant beta testing, bugs and issues that come with it. Just put the resources into getting it right and then release it as a SP or incremental version 10.1, .2 etc

NeerajMakeBelieve

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
0.download manager and bluetooth file manager support
1. Zune animation and artwork like in desktop msusic app
2. call recording pls,
3. all in one messaging
4. great apis
5. one single photo viewer which plays all gif and cinemagram and live n all,, not shi# everytime i have to open another app

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
A mobile payments solution.

Once Google bought the Softcard technology that the carriers used, and rolled it into Android Pay/Google Wallet, Microsoft was left without an alternative or fallback, and now have to come up with one from scratch, like Apple or Samsung did.

t0shibasz

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
-Dock icons (Dock icons on WM10 are the same as start menu on W10)
-Grid instead of list (app drawer)
-Less "cyber / techno" design of the UI

nubbikins

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
More for PC, but kind of a "shared feature"....The ability to SMS from both PC and phone via Bluetooth connection like iMessage can.

Second Choice:
Wireless sync to PC like Zune used to have.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Two Things:

1) Expanded Cortana functionality - Example: I asked her to convert ounces to pounds the other day and she searched the web instead.

2) The ability to search texts from either the default Messaging app of Messaging Skype Preview. I'm pretty sure this used to be in 8.1 and has been removed.

Sandeep Punia

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Full Application integration i.e sharing a link /photo/document/webpage on any of social media. Additional ROM and RAM, integration with W 10 PC, best of windows app on iOS to WP mobile.

and a iPhone competitive device is a MUST!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos