If you had to add a feature to W10M, what would it be?

ncharlt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The ability to use a decent smart watch (like Android Wear devices). The band, whilst technically competent, is horrendous in all other respects and I want a watch, not a band.

I'm waiting to see what Android M and WP 10 bring and will decide in November whether to move from WP after all these years. The availability of a decent watch is likely to be the deciding factor.

Regards

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The ability to move or expand RAM on to the SDCard. Then, you can continue to use lower end devices, but increase the value and performance of those devices

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just made the switch last night, so this is shooting from the hip a bit. However, the one thing that I have noticed so far that I miss is that the photos app live tile no longer has the option of using your favorites to switch between pictures. That seems like something that should have been left alone, and frankly, a no-brainer. Finally, designating a default browser of my choice would be something I would want to have.

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The ability to use a decent smart watch (like Android Wear devices). The band, whilst technically competent, is horrendous in all other respects and I want a watch, not a band.

I'm waiting to see what Android M and WP 10 bring and will decide in November whether to move from WP after all these years. The availability of a decent watch is likely to be the deciding factor.

Regards
as an owner of a moto 360, they are not all they are cracked up to be. first off, they are big. i'm a big guy (6' 235lbs), and this thing is a huge brick on my arm. you notice the size, people notice the size, walls, door frames, cars you walk by, they notice the size too. my daughter has an apple watch, and she is tiny, and the apple watch size is a lot smaller and looks almost normal on her. however, with my big oaf hands, my finger almost covers the entire screen, so i can't properly use it. second, they are motion sensor activated, so when you turn your wrist, it comes on. so, naturally, driving at night makes your car a disco. third, because of the constant on and off, the battery dies. so when you finally get an opportunity to use it, it's dead. fourth, if by some chance, your battery hasn't died yet, and you go to check the time, it comes on, then you have to swipe away 25 random notifications to see the time. no, i don't care how long it will take me to get home from here, great, i made 12,000 steps today, i don't care about the weather in 4 different locations... fifth, the watch faces, no matter how cool they look online, they look like garbage on the watches. sixth, the only useful purpose i have found is if your phone is in your pocket and you get a call from someone you don't want to talk to, you can ignore the call without getting your phone out. otherwise, you can reply to texts, if you don't feel like looking like a weirdo talking to your wrist. all in all, i bought it for the novelty, which wore off in about 3 days, which is how long it took me to realize just how cumbersome having a smartwatch is.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
as an owner of a moto 360, they are not all they are cracked up to be. first off, they are big. i'm a big guy (6' 235lbs), and this thing is a huge brick on my arm. you notice the size, people notice the size, walls, door frames, cars you walk by, they notice the size too. my daughter has an apple watch, and she is tiny, and the apple watch size is a lot smaller and looks almost normal on her. however, with my big oaf hands, my finger almost covers the entire screen, so i can't properly use it. second, they are motion sensor activated, so when you turn your wrist, it comes on. so, naturally, driving at night makes your car a disco. third, because of the constant on and off, the battery dies. so when you finally get an opportunity to use it, it's dead. fourth, if by some chance, your battery hasn't died yet, and you go to check the time, it comes on, then you have to swipe away 25 random notifications to see the time. no, i don't care how long it will take me to get home from here, great, i made 12,000 steps today, i don't care about the weather in 4 different locations... fifth, the watch faces, no matter how cool they look online, they look like garbage on the watches. sixth, the only useful purpose i have found is if your phone is in your pocket and you get a call from someone you don't want to talk to, you can ignore the call without getting your phone out. otherwise, you can reply to texts, if you don't feel like looking like a weirdo talking to your wrist. all in all, i bought it for the novelty, which wore off in about 3 days, which is how long it took me to realize just how cumbersome having a smartwatch is.

Hallelujah, thank you for that dose of real world smartwatch reality , after the glossy ads, the tech reviews (don't pay for it and use it for a week) the truth is they are neither as good as we hoped nor ready for the main stream!

Ben Triplett1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
240 FPS slow motion video. It's the only feature on iPhone 6 that I covet. Not enough to switch to iPhone 6, but the only feature it has that I don't have on my 830 that I want.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
  • Get OneDrive placeholders back
  • All-in-one message/email hub like Blackberry
  • Sync start menus between W10 devices
  • More consistent design between MS apps/features

DrPuppy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
The ability to move or expand RAM on to the SDCard. Then, you can continue to use lower end devices, but increase the value and performance of those devices
SD cards and flash memory in general are not meant to be written to like this. They would wear rather quickly and, most likely, violently.
I want Cortana to have a list system like Wunderlist integrated (which MS just bought, so maybe it'll happen sooner rather than later).

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
1.swipe to bring up app switcher/task view just like it does on windows 10 PC.
2.interactive live tiles
3.Quick scroll(should scroll much faster than it is when swipe quickly or dragable scroll bar or something like that to view longer list or pages)
4.default app selection
5.user should have control over where the revived/downloaded files go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte