If you had to add a feature to W10M, what would it be?

pgabor

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Working EDUROAM lol
(I would link the problem but I'm not allowed to link so just search this "If eduroam did not work before 8.1 it likely won't work now" it is from this forum)

Microsoft tries to be hip with these colors and stuff, but the students they trying to appeal to, cannot use their devices in most of the campuses. And the biggest joke about this that the software is already capable of doing this, and the only thing needed is to add a checkbox into the settings but no, why would they do that, too much work i guess.

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
gapless playback when I play music. Ive been waiting since WP7. thought with the new groove app I would finally have it.
-not so much.

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I kind of miss the "swipe for more options" feature of 8.1 in W10M.. I say kill the hamburger menu and allow us to swipe left for more options.. the PHONE app does this well. history? swipe. dial pad? swipe. this should be universal.
I was on the phone with a friend who was asking for someones number and I was able to open contacts, find the number, and send it to him in an SMS while he chatted away on speaker. It seemed as though every option I needed was right under my finger. he made mention of how quick my response was, making ME realize how seamless it was.

good job.

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Swipe right for messaging hub.

Extra actions for notifications in the action center. I.e. Delete/archive email, mark read for email, mark read /delete massages.

Better wallet support.

Finger print sensor integrated on the power button to skip the skip the lockscreen.

System wide finger print, iris security support to introduce additional layers of security past the lock screen.

Interactive live tiles.

No region wise divisions in the app store reviews I.e. Show reviews from all over the world.

Better geosensing options to turn on or off different radios. I.e. Turn off WiFi and turn on Bluetooth and data when leave home. Turn off Bluetooth when arrive at work.

FaceTime.

Multi user support like in PC for spouse/partners.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I just want higher FPS recording for slow motion shots, 120 at least, everything else is mostly good for me :) And i think the camera in higher end lumias actually supports that, but it is currently software locked. I hope they add this!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
You know what I want above all else? For Microsoft to just keep working on it. Keep adding features. It doesn't matter what, really, as long as they add it in a way where if I don't want it it's not shoved in my face. Keep making it seamless. Keep supporting it. All I want.
Have a lovely night.

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Bring back contact history i.e. the ability to see all your interactions - phone calls, SMS messages, emails with a particular contact. Don't know why that was taken away in wm10

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Make cortana available by default in English for every country, instead of making users witch region and mess up the store.
Hire a good design team. The win10 mobile UI is a mess, a shrinked down PC UI.
Stop trying to get windows 10 mobile to look and behave like Android+IOS!
For once deliver a finished product, enough with testing products on users's money pretending those products are productive. Windows 10 even on PC is FAR from a finished build, it behaves like a bad beta.
Put more effort in your own apps. If you do not care about your platform, for sure devs and new users won't care!!
Hire professional people in your customer support service! You have among the worst customer remote/call service ever!!!
Cutting costs down all the time won't bring you more market share! Lack of quality will be your downfall!
Check the phones you release!! STOP releasing phones with HW failures!!!

Paulo Bollosa

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I would request to add a features like

1)Picture Password for those who have a low and mid range Windows (Phone) 10 Mobile
2)Assorted and Assigned Color of Tiles just like on Windows 8.1 PC to make it more colorful and choosing on a accent color would be an option
3)Microsoft Pay Services on Wallet app and ability to add credit card by putting credit card no. or by scanning the card.
4)Windows E-Book App and Book Store on Windows Store
5)Windows Compass
6)Revamping hamburger icon into 3 vertical dots and 3 lines.
7)Xbox app (Hamburger Menu Navigation Panel) Animations on all the hamburger Nav. Panel on all Windows apps.
8)Revamp Microsoft Health into MSN Health

Sourabh Saboo

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Find my phone feature like MI and iPhone that would be very much good feature which locks phone when phone is in lost mode.
As windows phone lacks this feature.

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I can't just limit to 1, but the following two I'd love to have on my phone:

1. Ability to see the password of a long added wireless connection
2. Ability to set a static IP address for every wireless connection

Even made a suggestion in the insider feedback app, but apprently only a few of us need these :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss