If you had to add a feature to W10M, what would it be?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Bring back a Perfected and Integrated people hub, with working notification and toasts. I miss the speed and ease of posting on FB via hub launching FB app itself....

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
- Option to choose keyboard app.
- Option to choose messaging app.
- Better share of docs. If I want to share pics and click on share It should be listed the full app list, for example viber is skipped for some reason and other apps that could share.
- This is a dream but switch between iconic and live tile design would be awesome, but this will never happen.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Print an email directly from outlook app. How is this not a thing. I mean really

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
A usefull lockscreen, I mean right now is so useless and stupid ;/

I use Tetra Lock screen from Microsoft Garage and am very happy. It has my today calendar, time, location/map, Date, email notifications, all on your choice of a background image that can change. What do you want it to do?

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My list:
1. Audio Airplay alternative. OS level DLNA streaming of all audio playing on phone to a DLNA DMR. Just like bluetooth. At the very least, don't drop miracast connection when screen turns off. Continue to stream audio.
2. Separate toggles when headphones are plugged in for loudspeaker ringer and headphone ringer. This way I can get ringtones in headphones, but not disturb everyone around me.
3. Anti-Alias maps. They look like crap compared to maps on iOS and Android (even Here maps look so much better on those platforms).
4. A real mobile payment solution.
5. Better battery breakdown. Discharge graphs, screen on time, wifi on, awake, etc. It's got percentages for some of that now, but I want actual time, and actuals from unplugged, or from 100%. Not just last 24hrs, 48hrs, or 1 week.

I'm sure I've got more, will post if I think of them.

Teaching Erik

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Action Center has SEMI-TRANSPARENT Live-like TILES

Wish the AC was upgraded to a semi-transparent SETTINGS START SCREEN, complete with SETTINGS LIVE TILES that could be grouped into FOLDERS, and which could ANIMATE to show SETTINGS INFO 🛈 like signal 📶 strength and memory usages ...

Basically a grayscale start screen for all of the settings, complete with a linear ALL SETTINGS LIST akin to the All Apps List a swipe to the side from the Applications Start Screen

Wish the OS was "symmetric", use one unified UI for BOTH sides of the user experience... APPS & SETTINGS

Even wish that the phones had both a WINDOWS logo # APPS START SCREEN button and a GEARS * SETTINGS START SCREEN as hardware keys...

Of course keep the swipe down 👇 from the top of the screen gesture to open up the SETTINGS START SCREEN from apps ( and the Apps Start Screen from SETTINGS )

Live tiles and folders thereof could capture ALL of the functionality of the W10M AC and Settings Menu, whilst reusing the attractive and iconic signature Windows phone Live tiles look, for an entirely intuitive and unified and streamlined user experience

Teaching Erik

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
ACTION CENTER looks like the APPLICATIONS START SCREEN, with grayscale TILES

Wish that would be extrapolated, upgrade the AC to a semi-transparent, grayscale, SETTINGS START SCREEN ....

With animated SETTINGS LIVE TILES and folders thereof

And a swipe-able linear ALL SETTINGS LIST akin to the All Apps List

Live tiles are versatile and powerful and could capture ALL of the functionality of the AC and Settings Menu whilst reusing the iconic signature Windows phone Live tiles look for a unified user experience

Teaching Erik

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Below their screen, users would have a WINDOWS BUTTON # for the applications side of things...

And a GEARS shaped SETTINGS BUTTON * for the settings side of things

Below the screen would look something like this...

| |_________________| |
| # < > * |
---------------------

If the user presses the GEARS SETTINGS BUTTON *, then the user gets a GRAYSCALE SETTINGS START SCREEN, that looks alot like the applications start screen...

Press and hold the Windows # and Gears * buttons to view all OPEN processes ...

User could then swipe HORIZONTALLY to pan through open processes...

And VERTICALLY to view sub-processes ( like open browser tabs, from Edge; and Edge, from the Apps Start Screen )

User could close any process, by clicking on the X button in the upper right corner, like usual...

And also, below that, would be a second icon with a 2x2 grid of smaller x's...
So the URH corner of the app box would look like

------------
\/ |
/\ |
|
x x |
x x |

Clicking on the big single X closes the whole process, clicking on the many small x's closes only all open sub-processes...

So clicking on the many small x's of Edge closes all open tabs...
clicking on the many small x's of the root-process Start Screen closes all open apps...
clicking on the big X of the root-process Start Screen prompts the user to SHUT-DOWN / RESTART

Last edited:

Teaching Erik

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Press and hold the Windows # and Gears * buttons to view all OPEN processes ...

User could then swipe HORIZONTALLY to pan through open processes...

And VERTICALLY to view sub-processes ( like open browser tabs, from Edge; and Edge, from the Apps Start Screen )

User could close any process, by clicking on the X button in the upper right corner, like usual...

And also, below that, would be a second icon with a 2x2 grid of smaller x's...
So the URH corner of the app box would look like

------------
\/ |
/\ |
|
x x |
x x |
|

Clicking on the big single X closes the whole process, clicking on the many small x's closes only all open sub-processes...

So clicking on the many small x's of Edge closes all open tabs...
clicking on the many small x's of the root-process Start Screen closes all open apps...
clicking on the big X of the root-process Start Screen prompts the user to SHUT-DOWN / RESTART

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett