Cortana - birthday reminders

dirrtydavid

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know where Cortana gets her birthday information? It keeps showing me contact birthdays without the option to dismiss them, all I can do is open calendar where there isn't anything. I don't even have a birthday calendar selected. The only other thing I can think is that it was because Facebook was connected to my phone but switching that off hasn't resolved the issue either.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Log in to outlook.com through a web browser and see what calendars you have set up. Your association with a Facebook account has probably ended up with that data imported and merged into your outlook.com contacts.

dirrtydavid

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I logged in to outlook as well but I had deleted the facebook calendar a week or so ago along with a few others. It disappeared when the "meeting prep" option is switched off but that means I don't get any meeting info. It is Facebook birthdays that appear but it's been disconnected and uninstalled. I'm going to try deleting Cortana information.

dirrtydavid

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that didn't work either. Windows support have said that "Cortana is still adapting to the pc, so right now reminders can't be edited in Windows 10. Keep an eye on our blog for news and updates."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos