Help me do some stuff! Please!

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
First off how come the people app isn't connected to FB anymore? Can that be done still? When I go to settings it says add social app but when I click on it the store says it couldn't find anything.

Second what the heck is the point of the phone app? I have a Lumia 830 and when I connect it it just says how much space I have and asks me if I want to move files. Pretty useless.

How do I add favorites to the favorites bar at the top of Edge? I can't figure out how to get them there. And I sure wish they hadn't gotten rid of swiping to go back a page while browsing. Keeping it would have gone against the Microsoft way, have something good? Lets scrap it and start over!

Oh and Cortana is quite the let down. When I try to open it it displays nothing! Just blank, way to go MS.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
1. That's a known issue that should be resolved in Threshold 2

2. That's exactly the point, it allows you to see how much space you have on the device and copy files across. What were you expecting?

3. Click/tap the three dots > tap settings and it's the second option.

4. Cortana isn't a let down, you need to set it up first and my guess would be that you haven't set up Cortana on your phone so it won't populate it with your settings on Windows 10.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well hopefully they get the People and FB thing fixed, I like that. I just thought that a special Phone app was kind of unnecessary if that's all it did. Even for moving files all it does is kick you to File Explorer. I could have just done that, I didn't need an app to do that. Also the live tile is displaying things that I already have or have set up, such as OneNote, Skype etc. You would think it would sync with the phone to see what is set up already, maybe even sync some settings? Nahh.

I did figure out how to finally get my favorites to the bar at the top of edge.

So you are saying that when I click on Cortana it should look like this?

I do have it set up on my phone, I use it every day and Cortana is awesome. The "app" is very unpolished and the integration isn't working for me. Is anyone else having this problem? It would be awesome if Cortana synced from my phone to tablet, very helpful actually, but I can't see anything on the screen to set anything up!

And is it just me or does Edge not play very nicely with windowscentral? Its very slow.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
1. Have you got all the drivers for your device and do you have all the updates as Cortana had a bug that was fixed in a recent update. You also need to make sure that you have the correct language settings.

2. Edge is not at fault as Windows Central is damn slow on any browser due to the insane amount of adverts that show up, even for those who are signed in.

3. As for the Windows Phone app, if you don't want to use it then don't as it's not needed if you use a Windows Phone anyway. The live tile is just stating things you CAN do, not what you NEED to do.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Installed all available updates last night that were available with fast ring and still Cortana shows a blank screen. I hope they get this fixed soon. I guess my drivers are up to date, but I don't know how to really check them. Another issue I cant figure out is my OneDrive. When I go into file explorer and click on OneDrive on the left it only shows a music folder with a red X. First off I don't have any music in my OneDrive, second how do I get it to recognize my other folders? Is the only way to access my OneDrive through the website? I cant find a OneDrive app in the store anymore so in tablet mode I lost all access to OneDrive. And yes I'm signed into my MS account. It's like its not recognizing my OneDrive account though.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Believe this thread belongs in the insider preview section, the fast ring insider preview builds tend be rather buggy. So if anything what you are experiencing are the bugs no more, no less.

The easiest way to check your drivers is to right click on the start button -> device manager -> open up the device you want to check -> driver -> date. Device Driver Date.PNG.
{I use Leshcat's drivers on my laptop as the original AMD & Intel drivers cause a prolonged black screen at every boot just over a minute or so - not acceptable on a SSD. Similar to what TMM used to do at every boot time on Vista.}

Then look at the manufacturers website, if they don't have Windows 10 drivers then Windows 8.1 drivers should work just fine however there maybe a few issues as it is near impossible to iron out every single issue given the insane amount of hardware windows runs on.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll check when I get home. The Cortana issue was on the normal win10 upgrade, before I installed fast ring updates. Any help on the OneDrive issue? Thanks!

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Still haven't figured out how to connect my OneDrive to Windows 10. Not having it integrated is frustrating. How do I get it to recognize my OneDrive account?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos